1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who's starting at PF for us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QazQay, Jul 9, 2013.

?

Starting PF?

1. Greg Smith

3.6%
  2. Terrance Jones

63.3%
  3. Chandler Parsons

3.6%
  4. Donatas Motiejunas

19.6%
  5. Someone else

9.8%
  1. QazQay

QazQay Member

Morey says Asik and Dwight won't play together except maybe as experimentation. So as of right now, who's our starting PF?
    I think we'll slide Parsons to the 4 and start Garcia like we did in the playoffs. I don't think either of DMo or TJones is ready to start.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Depends on how guys look in the preseason. It's possible Smith, Dmo, or Jones could be ready to be the starter. I'm not a big fan of starting Garcia. He's too old and has had his injury struggles. I'm wary about playing him more than 20 minutes a game.

3. newAge_Rockets

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Didn't we have this same thread a few days ago? I'll go with TJones.

5. rocketfaithful

T Jones. I fear I only say that though because I saw him play last. I think y'all probably get what I mean.

6. QazQay

QazQay Member

Yea you have a good point but obviously Morey is valuing floor spacing since he's so against Asik and Dwight playing together and Parsons is obviously a much better 3point shooter than TJones. And Garcia might be old now but we know he can still contribute with his shooting. I can see TJones taking the starting spot later in the season though.

7. Classic

Classic Member

I think you try and develop TJones

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I feel t jones has worked his butt off and will be starting.

9. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

I like what T Jones offers is what the Rockets need. A high energy, 3pt shooting, hustle player. I would like to start T Jones and develop him.

10. AirBull

AirBull Member

I would love to see T Jones start. I feel like he deserves it and I think he can fit well with Howard.

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Jones, I see a breakout year happening.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. Killer Korgi

Killer Korgi Member

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I like Jones but I would like to see Dmo start, I think he has skills that you don't see in the NBA and that he can be a really special player.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Asik stays I wouldn't be surprised if Howard starts at 4.

Like Lin and Harden, one of them will come out first to ensure either Asik or Howard is on the court at all times. Unlike Lin and Harden they probably won't have many opportunities to be on the court together because they won't be playing 38 minutes night.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Motiejunas complements Dwight better. Dwight will be the roll guy and Donatas can either park outside the arc or opposite post. Jones and Asik make more sense, especially since TJ can also handle the ball with a second unit that has no depth in terms of ball handlers/vision (Casspi, Garcia, Beverley).

17. NotChandlerParsons

I voted Terrence Jones, but I think it'll probably be who shows off a better jumper in practice. Both of them have been respectable shooters in the past but hot garbage on an NBA court so far. If neither of them do, well, Terrence Jones will probably start for defense/rebounding purposes and you can expect to see a whole lotta small ball.

18. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Lineup vs the Thunder in the Playoffs:

PG: Beverly
    SG: Harden
    SF: Garcia
    PF: Parsons
    C: Asik

2013 Season Opener lineup:

PG: Lin
    SG: Harden
    SF: Garcia
    PF: Parsons
    C: Howard

Unless Jones has an incredible preseason, I think it's safe to say that Parsons could be the starting PF with Garcia at SF. That lineup did well vs the Thunder in the last 3 games of the series. If we make a trade for a proven PF, I dont envision anyone else starting at PF on opening night. Later in the season, we could very well see Jones or DMo take over that PF starting spot and move Parsons to SF and have Garcia come off the bench.

Regardless, we have lots of depth :cool:

PG: Lin Beverly Canaan
    SG: Harden Garcia
    SF: Parsons Caspi
    PF: Jones DMo
    C: Howard Asik Smith

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Jones and D-Mo don't shoot the ball well enough to space the floor. I worry that McHale will go with the small ball lineup again to start most games: Lin, Bev, Harden, Parsons, Howard

It was irritating to watch Delfino try to defend much bigger PF, and getting outmuscled every time. I hope we don't see more of that this season. IIRC we lost many games because of that mismatch at the 4 spot.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with you I don't think that Garcia should be playing big minutes. I can't see Parsons playing the 4 to start a regular season game unless is was a special matchup situation.