1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

2. omgTHEpotential

3. verysimplejason

JJ Barea - Miami

4. hakeemthagreat

Dude, Jeremy Lin sucks. He single handedly killed a playoff series with boneheaded turnovers. We are coming off a fantastic season. The LAST thing we need is Lin dribbling basketballs off his foot. He will forever suck

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think the possibility of a Collison trade is a good option, and I think using part of the mid level to get Stuckey would be ok too.

However, I think using the midlevel to get Joseph from the Spurs would be a better idea. I don't know, I really like Joseph and I think he is poised to drastically improve when given a larger role. If we can trade for Collison and then sign Joseph I think those two would do a good job of carrying the point guard position for us.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd still bet on Lawson. No way he can stay in Denver and thier is just absolutely no other good destinations for him.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No thanks Bima! We don't need a PG our roster is set, we drafted 2 forwards, plus we have 20 Power Forwards, 2 centers and 3 small forwards and 2 off guards. And we are interested in Kendrick Perkins and Stoudemire. We good but thanks for looking out!;)

8. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe a low and long contract---> ACL we don't know what we are getting. He can shoot from the outside --> worth it? I think YES but only on the cheap. We need some of Bucks cast offs. NBA IS ALL ABOUT FIT. (He is FA traded to the Suns then cut for cap space)

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Thank you. Courtney Forston. Call him back from the Ruskies!

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Chalmers is as good as you're going to get without paying all-star money for a PG next to Harden.

I know Harden said he'd like some help at guard but ultimately Harden needs to be paired in the back court with someone who can play defense on PGs and hit open 3s first and foremost. If we were to get someone who could playmake but can't hit 3s or can't play D then Harden's MVP strengths become diminished.

And any PG out there that can do all three things very well is getting all-star money. In fact, I can't even name a single PG who I'd label as great at all three.

NBA all team, first second and third this past season were Steph, CP3, and Kyrie.

Only CP3 comes the closest to doing all 3, but his D isn't even up to par with Bev's and he goes for 10x the price.

1 person likes this.
  11. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Barea looks like he'll go to Miami, we can match anything on Bev, Brooks will find his way here somehow again, Calathes is a RFA so will probably be with Grizz again, Reggie also a RFA will be with Pistons, Joseph will probably take a cut to stay with Spurs, Stuckey isn't a real PG, Watson I heard was getting a call from Wizards. I think from this list we'll match on Beverley and try to trade for Lawson.

12. Down19

I've been thinking this for a while. We'd probably have to trade Kpop Dorsey and a 1st rounder for him

13. Down19

there's us and Sacramento for him but if Sacramento signs Rondo...

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Courtney Fortson is too small but I'm banking my money on Allen Level or Randy Livingston! The way DM is orchestrating this ship, my money is on those two.

IN MOREY THEY TRUST!

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is Shaun Livingston still available? He would be very nice next to Harden. And that allows the 1st unit to be able to switch off defensively as well as the 2nd unit (Band of Brothers).

Livingston
    Harden
    Ariza
    Smoove
    Dwight

Or have D-Mo start and bring in Band of Brothers as 2nd unit:

Terry
    Brew
    Kpap
    Dekker
    Smoove

Switch out Kpap with Capela if they want to go big. But last season's problem still remains, not enough 3 point shooters and facilitators.

Livingston is an extremely good fit and likely the most economical solution. Also adds another great floor leader/locker room guy.

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has been here 3 yrs and he still doesn't have a consistent nucleus around him. We need a consistent core group of 4 players that you can build on; Harden, Howard, a point guard and a wing player or power forward AND STOP CHANGING EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!! :mad:

Harden needs a serious running mate! I thought Jerami Grant would have been perfect, he offers everything the Rockets need in a point guard; length, passing ability and scoring.

Damn what Daryl is saying, you can't tell me the BPA every year on your draft board is a Power Forward and since he's been GM, outside of Brooks, Landry, Parsons and Capella, his drafts have been atrocious!

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is toney douglas available?

(ughhhhhh)

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Livingston signed a 3yr deal with GS last year BUT he was on the Rockets roster and Daryl Morey cut him!

In Morey They Trust

19. craguin

craguin Member

Posted: Jun 29, 2015

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dang!