1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not sure what that has to do with my post or why you quoted me.

I said he needs someone else that can initiate offense and break down the defense from the perimeter.

"Bringing the ball up" is not a huge issue. You're not going to go look for a player to bring the ball up court.

2. verysimplejason

Mario Chalmers... He's the best fit.

3. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Backcourt wish list..... Any combo of these guys would satisfy me as I don't think we need a top tier guy. And since it looks like llull isn't coming.....

Rodney Stuckey- great size and scoring instincts. Combo guard who can spell harden as well as play alongside him...... Can be had relatively cheap.

Jeremy Lin- yea yea I know he sucks..... (According to this forum) but as a back up 1 his scoring and playmaking is sorely needed and his ability to blow up was nice to have...... Say what you want about him but I personally saw a lot of growth in his game and believe we could do a lot worse....... Plus has instant chemistry with the team

Aaron Brooks- LMAO what would this be, his 4th trip here..... As a scorer AB still offers a lot and still has a little juice left in those legs to get by 75% of the league....... Plus who doesn't love Aaron right?

Mario Chalmers- Mario is interesting as I too see him as a perfect fit as a starter next to harden.... A role he would be familiar with having to do so next to wade and James...... Actually give us everything we need at the position. Just have to hope he didn't lose to much confidence after that horrible series he had against the Spurs......

And my Darkhorse acquisition in a move that would totally be a Morey move......

John Jenkins- 6' 4" guard that shoots 40% from three...... Very little known and I'm not even sure how good he is at playing basketball but I know he can shoot and has a very quick and smooth release...... We need a Kyle Korver, Danny green, dead eye shooter on this team......

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Who was that 5'-8" dude with long dreadlocks from summer league 5 years back or so? Anyone got his ph# still?

#PlanH

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Courtney Fortson?

6. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I have to say, I usually cringe at this line of thinking but I think Curry's worst games came when he had to play defense and he is a really bad defender. The worse thing you can do is not make Curry defend; if you want to get out of the West, you need to have a Curry strategy.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Hill may not be a &quot;flashy name&quot; for most Rockets fans, but he'd be an ideal fit playing next to James Harden.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/616656634538909696">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind bringing Lin back on a much cheaper deal. I'd bring him off the bench.

9. fattz

fattz Member

And here is the answer

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Geez... are we seriously back to bringing up names like Mario Chalmers, George Hill, and uhhh Jeremy Lin???

That Lawson trade might start looking better and better to the Rockets front office. No way they can start the season again with this poor caliber of PG, and be able to keep Harden happy. Just too much asked of him running the offense. Chalmers, and these type of C/D level point guards do nothing to help the Rockets true needs at PG.

If they are looking at PG's for PG sake of what is out there Pat Beverley might actually be the best one left.... as sad as that sounds.

Maybe they can kick the tires on Sergio Rodriguez who reportedly gauged market value to come back to the NBA, but my suspicion is that he did that in order to give Llull a market comparable in contract negotiations with the Rockets. If he actually is serious about coming back to the NBA, I think he's someone you should take a look at. He's better than 90% of the people you guys are talking about including Beverley IMO.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After season-ending ACL surgery, free agent guard Kendall Marshall tells Yahoo he will be ready for training camp. <a href="http://t.co/pKWY3qMvDv">http://t.co/pKWY3qMvDv</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616665323937378305">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Can we get Hill and Scola through a trade with the Pacers? I would love that!

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

After seeing some of the contracts these players have been getting, I would be completely fine with getting Beverley. I had my heart set on Llull, but there isn't any clear option at point besides Pat. He has had injury issues, he is not consistent on offense but he is basically all that we have at this point. If things aren't up to par, we still have players under good contracts to entice other teams during the season for trades.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hope Morey trades Jones + Papa for Collison, Thompson, and some picks or something. Collison shoots a good %, despite playing on multiple teams and has a good contract.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thompson, I think, got traded to the Sixers last night

16. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I agree but Sac has already expressed that they want him in a backup capacity. They already cleared cap space and plan to play Cauley-Stein at the 4.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Not the PG the Rockets deserve, but the PG the Rockets need right now...

[​IMG]

Serious postin: Wouldn't mind having AB back on the bench if he wants to sign here.

18. Moahst

Moahst Member

I like the Kendall Marshall. Keep Bev as the starter, have Marshall play heavy minutes as the off the bench floor general. It would be an improvement for sure.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like George Hill.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]