1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stuckey, or Joseph, over Rondo. Rondo if he is not done, is still a horrible fit for Rockets.

2. seeingred

seeingred Member

not sure you read what i said. We need 3 skills but "THEY DON'T HAVE TO COME FROM THE SAME PLAYER." and, again, we probably can't afford a guy who can make plays, hit 3's and play strong defense. So yeah, whoever we get, will be deeply flawed. We can go with a 3&D PG if we get a playmaking wing. We can get a playmaking PG if we can grab more 3&D wings.

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 41s42 seconds ago
    Pat Beverley's deal with Houston, I'm told: $ 18 million over 3 with a 5 million non guaranteed year in year 4.

5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Morey you dawg yet again. Non-guaranteed fourth year.

Mr. Flexible.

6. fattz

fattz Member

Now with Bev signed we need a change of pace playmaker with an out side shot.
    Kendall Marshall could be had for next to nothingness and fill the need. He is not Terry but could take his minutes. He can hit from outside playing off of Harden; or get the young bigs some easy looks both pushing the ball or in a 1/2 court set. KM's skill set is a fit.

7. cebu

cebu Member

we can close thtis thread now that we resigned bevs.

8. malakas

malakas Member

He had a acl and still recovers. I wouodnt rely on him at all to be able to contrivlbute yet. Maybe after new year.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

In 90 minutes Orlando SL begins and soon to be 29 year old lithuanian Mantas Kalnietis, who stood out in practices the most, will show some attributes we could use on our team. Pacers dont have his rights, so their fans are hopping Kalnietis doesn't look too good, so the Pacers wouldn't have to get into bidding war.
    I hope Morey will be watching

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Let's talk about Brandon Jennings ($8m expiring). No way he'll coexist successfully with Reggie Jackson.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Another injured player, no thanks.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Nof sure he will make a succesful comeback either. He is not like wes matthews who has amazing workethic. And even wes i highly doubt he will be the same. Without jennings spped he will be pretty bad.

I dont like taking such huge risk because we are in contention. Imo it isnt worth it.

Btw orl signed cj watson.

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

Have you all forgotten that last summer not a single team wanted to sign Jennings? And Pistons did it because they are gamblers

14. craguin

craguin Member

Kendall seems optimistic about being ready in October:

15. malakas

malakas Member

I know. He trains in the bucks facilities along with jabari. He wont be ready. I am a fan and follow him lol i think he will be able to play though in 2016. The bad thing with marshall is that he is sooo unathletic and slow that even if he misses half a step it will be disastrous. Amazing feel and pg sight tho. He elevates the whole offence the way he sets up all the teammates. And he also added a post game to his game.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We need another playing making PG.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hope not. Bev is not a playmaker. The Rockets cannot go into next season with him as the starter. They'll be putting way too much pressure on Harden to be the facilitator and we all saw how that eventually ended in Game 5 of the WCF.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't worry as much with Beverly as the starter. What I worry about is when James is off of the court and then who will facilitate the Rockets offense. That is not Beverly. We absolutely need someone he can come in and facilitate the offense when James is on the Bench and at times with James on the floor at times to take the pressure off of him.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Low risk, high reward. His value is at its lowest due to his Achilles injury, that sounds like Morey ball to me.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Terrible argument.

he had a bad game.

His bad game was not because of too much pressure of being the facilitator all year.