1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who are the conservatives on this board? Who are the liberals? What's the split look like?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Mar 27, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

50%-50%?

60%-40%?

What's the split?

Who are the most well-known conservative posters? Who are the most well-known liberal ones?

2. DwightHoward13

The split is something like 50% moderate, 45% liberal, 5% conservative. Obviously, bigtexxx is the most well-known conservative poster.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hate to disagree, but he's not the most well known conservative poster. Trader_Jorge is, texxx's twin brother (according to Fatty Fat b*stard, who swore he met them both). Trader_J has been on an extended hiatus.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hard to tell.

Most moderates come across as liberals because of how far right the conservatives go.

5. Buck Turgidson

Well, what the hell are you?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yep, Ima2k, MadMax, AC3PO, DD for example are all mod conservatives who have had their party move so far to the extreme their views in some cases seem liberal now. Heck, even Refman who is solidly conservative seems more of moderate now because of the transformation of the republican party.

7. treeman

treeman Member

LOL @ rabid liberals accusing the GOP of a "transformation" :rolleyes:

This board has large minority and millennial populations - both of whom tend towards the left side of the political spectrum. Many liberals here think of themselves as "moderates", although there are in truth very few moderates here - at least, very few who venture into the D&D. Conservatives are heavily outnumbered here, although a few have very loud voices and amplify their presence - but in reality, most can probably name fewer conservatives here than they have fingers and toes.

Probably around a 70% lib, 15% moderate, 15% conservative split, I'd guess. You'll get a different answer from a liberal who considers himself a "moderate". There are lots of those here.

Those with a lick of sense stay away from the D&D. I haven't really posted in here since the season started... Just don't usually have time to waste on it. :)

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm a conservative democrat who will fight for the entitlements and gun laws our founding fathers fought for.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This. I'm an independent and it looks like I lean left because of the repugs on the board.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So... libertarian.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's still an amusing thread. Someone needs to do a conservative one.

Edit: No idea what the entire board breakdown is, but the D&D is probably something like 70% liberal, 10% conservative and 20% up for grabs.

I'd say at this point Bigtexx is the most well known "conservative" on the board.

A lot of the posters in here are only interested in pissing contest and snarkiness.

13. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I don't fit neatly in any political label. The closest may be the Green party/centre-left/progressive Democrat.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Green Party-center left-progresive Democrat?

That's liberal.

He didn't ask "republicans democrats."

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm an anarchist. I dislike liberals more than conservatives do...and I dislike the conservatives even more than that.

Sorry comrades. Go Rockets?

16. Buck Turgidson

Not sure why this is funny or a particularly controversial concept given the rise of the Tea Partiers. I thought it was generally accepted.

And yeah, I'm one of those crazy centrist-moderates who voted R (and/or D) in the past and is now completely turned off by the current GOP.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think i have any sort of affiliation, but I'm probably leaning left just because I'm from Canada.

seriously though this board has very few conservatives, but all of them seem to post the most extreme, out of context stuff and then leave the thread for liberals to pile on for pages and pages.

I think conservatives here so outnumbered they simply just post stuff for attention and trolling purposes. I don't really blame them either, there's like 5 of them in total.

18. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I do agree to some extent with "Basketball" making a difference, I used to be very active on a popular (not to this extent) Astros fan BBS....I was one of a tiny minority of liberals.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His post proves the point as well -- say even the slightest perceived slight against the republican party and you are labeled a 'rabid liberal'.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Fiscally conservative. I like low taxes, reduced regulation in SOME areas, and a much smaller federal government.

Socially I'm a mixed bag. I believe adults should be able to do what they want as long as they don't infringe upon others. But personally, I'm against many things that I think should be legalized.

Basically, I can be described as "kind of Libertarian" but not a true Libertarian.

I sympathize with the Libertarian philosophy, but I don't agree with some of it in practicality.