1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what exactly does Joey Dorsey do better than Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Apr 13, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Per 36 isn't my favorite stat, but the point remains...

There is no reason Capela should be behind Dorsey.

2. cdain3

cdain3 Member

hmm..................

[​IMG]

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting point, Dobro. Perhaps I missed the memo, but speaking of The Greek, why haven't we seen Kostas on the court, even in garbage time? Not that we've had a hell of a lot of garbage time. Is the ankle still bothering him?

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

TMI.

[​IMG]

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When Morey made the trade for Brewer he might as well of waived Paps. He went ahead and upgraded his position while he was still on the roster.

I love Kostas, and would like to see him play as well, but the writing is on the wall for him now. Knowing that they'd pick up Brewer, I'm not sure that the Rockets still sign him last Summer. However if they didn't trade for Brewer, I think Kostas is playing a major role right now. The ankle injury, while legit, wouldn't have kept him on the bench nearly as long for sure.

Coming back next year... its tough to say, but I think if Brewer jets (seems likely), and possibly Smith leaves as well (likely but maybe not as much), maybe they release him and try and pick him back up on a smaller deal, but I would be shocked if they don't pick up his team option this Summer to free up cap space. I also think there might be more interest in him from other teams than we'd think. For those paying attention, he made a pretty solid impression on the league the first couple months of the season. Maybe a few BAE type of offers. He's definitely an NBA bench rotation player. Guy can play.

That contract though has value for draft night trades. We've seen Morey with the Dalembert contract, and we've seen him try with the Delfino contract to use those to make moves and I assume there is value in Paps contract along with Prigioni as well.

I like Kostas alot, but the Brewer trade pretty much put him out of business unless either him or Ariza get injured at the last minute.

6. Textroets

Textroets Member

Capela had 10 points

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

2013-14 with FC Barcelona

He won the Euroleague and Greek League titles with Olympiacos in 2011-12

Thus, title runs in the two most competitive non-NBA leagues

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/joey-dorsey-1.html

------------

Capela has played a total of 4 games and 81 minutes in the French league playoffs with Elan Chalon the past 2 seasons.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/clint-capela-1.html