1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

so what do YOU think happened to oscar torres?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chievous minniefield, Apr 10, 2002.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

having not watched a single game all year, it is very difficult for me to follow the subtleties of the team. if it's not included in the chronicle's write-up, I probably don't know about it.

that having been said, what happened to oscar torres? here's a guy who had a legitimate complaint about not being included in the schick rookie game. but then today, when they mentioned him being out sick for last night's game, I think it was the first time I've heard his name in months.

have I just been missing something? and if I haven't, then where did his game go?

can someone give me some kind of insight on why it seems like the floor of his season dropped out from under him?

did he get hurt? did rudy just stop playing him? and if so, why did rudy all of the sudden lose faith in him?

thanks in advance.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

OT saw minutes when Cat was out. Cat and Steve take all of the 2 minutes now. OT is not better than Cat or Steve, so he sits.

I would much rather Rudy play Cat and Steve less than 42-44 minutes/game. I know that they are both young, but the team would be better off if they did not (mainly since they would be less likely to get an injury playing tired.) Less minutes for those two could give OT about 8 minutes a game.

From what I have seen, OT is a legit NBA player. He plays good D which should get him more PT. He needs to work on his offensive a little, but even now he does not hurt the team while he is in the game (unlike TMo).

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, as much as I like Oscar, I can't really blame Rudy for not playing him. The guy has been missing shots right and left lately, and yet he still seems to like to take them as often as he can.

4. enbehay

enbehay Member

That's because RT more than likely has told him to keep shooting until his "touch" returns -- just like RT of old did. O-2 is a keeper so they are not trying to "showcase" him or evaluate his ability in game situations.