1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

If Memphis win the series over spurs THAN thats when Zbo will be known.

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Tony Allen, Thabo Sefolosha, Grant Hill, Gerald Wallace, Dwayne Wade.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

When I prophetically started this thread three months ago I didn't think that Z-Bo would lead the #8 seed Memphis Grizzlies to victory over a #1 seed team with over 60 wins in the NBA playoffs. I just felt he was extremely underrated, under-appreciated, and unnecessarily criticized by some fans and certain segments of the media. I also felt that he's been playing at an even higher level than we're accustomed to seeing him play in the past...He's shown an extra gear and has kicked it into beast mode.

You know who you are (just go back and read the 1st few pages of this thread). You can no longer ignore him. You can no longer hate on him. Admit you were wrong and apologize. Give him the respect that he's earned. Show him the love that he deserves.

#103 Kwame, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

oh comeon people I like the Grizz too but we don't need 5+ threads on them cluttering up the front page

1 person likes this.
  5. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Man
    :eek:
    After Reading The first page

Those Guys wont be showing up anytime soon in this thread. Not with there face out atleast

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Righttt

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol was gonna bump this myself but I saw all the other zbo threads

8. Kwame

And it will continued to be bumped...This thread is the original one for Z-BO this season...And just like you, Randolph is Victorious.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Winning one series doesnt elevate a player or a team much in my book. Let them win the 2nd round and ill start to see this as more than luck, adrenaline and self confidence.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Come on, Jim. It's time to give the man his props. He's been elevated to the clear #1 option ever since Rudy Gay went down and he's responded, leading his 8th seeded team over the #1 Spurs. He made Tim Duncan look like it was time to retire. He was given the ball down the stretch, in clutch situations, and he delivered; sometimes even scoring against double teams. That's what a superstar does -- that's what Zach Randolph is doing.

1 person likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Spurs were ripe for being upset. Did you see how the 6-8 seeds were praying to play the Spurs and not the Lakers? Im not saying Memphis/Randolph hasnt played well for what? 3 months? Sure, they have played outstanding for 3 months. But that is all. Ones statis in the NBA is not made in that amount of time. In fact, its not made in the regular season period. And teams that get out of the first round do not get or deserve special attention. Did the 2007 Warriors amount to anything?

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Did the 2007 Warriors play defense?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Doesnt matter. They beat a #1 seed. And that is all that Memphis has accomplished thus far.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This is not the same situation. The warriors played a Mavs team that was very well known by Don Nelson. He knew every single counter to Nowitzki, Howard, and Terry. They made the Mavs play their style of basketball and beat them at it. However in the next round against the Jazz, they were destroyed in half court basketball. They played no defense and had no big players to match the physicality of Williams, Boozer, Okur, and Harpring types players. The Jazz killed them in the paint that year.

The Grizzlies beat the Spurs at their own game. They played nitty gritty half court basketball that the Spurs of old used to play. They have gigantic trees in Gasol and Z-bo as well as lock down defenders in Allen and Battier. They are an all around good team and not a one trick pony like the 2007 warriors.

When the Grizzlies take it to the Thunder next round then you will see. I still see the Thunder winning, but they will give them a hell of a fight.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Since when does how you beat someone lend you extra statis?

Of course it isnt the same situation. No two series between any teams is the same situation.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Is that first question a joke...or? I'm honestly confused. What warrants being considered a very good team then?

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Winning in the playoffs is the only thing that matters in the end.

In 1997 the Rockets went to the Western Conference Finals and lost to Utah 4-2. That was the year we had Barkley, Clyde, Mario, Willis and the Dream. You know what they are known for? Losing. They lost. And thats all people remember. Those teams with Barkley are all remembered the same. They all fell short. No one says how wonderful a team they were to win in the 1st and 2nd round. And you know what? No remembers or cares how they were beaten either.

18. The Drake

The Drake Member

This thread isn't even about the Grizzlies "greatness" as a team. I don't think anyone's picking them to be the next NBA champs quite yet.

It's about giving ZBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the props he deserves after completely dismantling Elmo and the rest of the Spurs (which to be fair, ZBo has been a major problem for Timmy throughout his career). If you can't recognize what a great series performance that was, you either didn't watch the games or just wanna hate, for no real reason.

2 people like this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

First of all, I dont have hate for anyone, save Lebron's theatrics.

I am giving him the props he deserves. He had 1 good series against a 35 year old past his prime center. Im sorry that you and some others feel like he deserves an award or something, but he and the Memphis team havent accomplished anymore than the 2007 Warriors. Yes, they were the underdogs. Yes they had a good series. Yes zbo played well. But praise beyond that is exaggerated and unwarranted, imo.

20. Kwame

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fwIJphevjJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>