1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Why do you hate Zach Randolph so much? He underperforms when it matters? He just hit the game-winning shot against a hot Dallas team to end their 8 game winning streak tonight. He is carrying that entire team. He's always played well. He's consistently been a 20-10 guy for a large part of his career. You look like a fool. Why do you hate him so much?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the guy, he is a decent offensive player, and good rebounder. He needs players like Shane Battier to be successful with his team, though.

They should put together another edition of the Jailblazers for Kwame.

3. Kwame

Now you wanna give him some half-ass credit after you just hated on him even though you're now claiming that you don't hate the guy...Lol, okay.

You also said that he underperforms when it matter...Of all the nights to say that you pick the night when he hits the game winning shot that ends the Mavs' win streak in Dallas? Again, you're making yourself look silly.

Lol, you really don't know anything about basketball, do you....please stop, you're making yourself look ridiculous. He's been a 20-10 guy for a large part of his career with different teams. He's been CARRYING the Grizzlies since Gay went out. All those other guys are riding HIS coattails. He was an all-star last year and he should have been one this year. The fact that you begrudgingly give him some half-ass credit, shows you're a hater.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Shane Battier double-double in this game, +11 +/-. Where's the credit, Kwame?

5. Kwame

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. Kwame

That's all you have to say, huh, lol. Z-Bo is winning! I know it hurts, because you have this irrational hate towards the guy, which means you're losing. Give him the credit he deserves. I want to see you post that Z-Bo is a beast and that he's been carrying the team and helping them win, and without him they would not be in playoff contention.

#67 Kwame, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  8. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Steve Nash....what? his teams tend to win....you cannot put his teams failures to make it to the finals on his defensive efforts. They've always lost to great spurs teams and Tim Duncans clutch 3 point shooting and the lakers in the playoffs.

He did a great job last year against the lakers but in game 6 kobe was...kobe.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OsEg7NG3WIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Z-Bo is ballin' out... People need to recognize.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Name a team's best player that doesn't need other solid players to be successful?

Most good teams have much better role players than Shane Battier.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was responding to various posts by Kwame saying that Z-Bo "carried the team by himself", etc. etc. Next time, read the thread before you make a stupid comment.

Name better perimeter defenders than Shane Battier.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Yeah, but you said "he needs players like Shane Battier to be successful with his team, though" as if OTHER players don't also need the exact same thing. Obviously Randolph isn't carrying the team by himself as he's not scoring every point of every game -- but he's the unquestioned best player on that team and the only reason they even have a shot at the playoffs.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how many first or second team defensive teams has he made?

14. JayZ750

right. i don't really care about Kwame's potential love affair with him (if that is what's going on...?), but it's clear that needing a guy like Battier to be successful shouldn't be a knock.

Exactly. As if it wasn't obvious from your post for those curious, the answer is zero.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i really hate to jump in these battier/gay threads but I did. anyway, someone pointed that out in a thread about a year ago and the telling thing about it is this, those awards are voted on by coaches.

battier is a very sound fundametally defensive player who doesn't get beat by making mistakes. he plays really good team defense, but that's it, he's not a great defensive player.

he's a good defensive "coach" to have on the floor but considering him elite, I wonder if people know what good defensive players are.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Two in the NBA. He was also the top vote getter on the ACC all-defensive team in college. Thanks for asking.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As if it wasn't obvious from your posts for everyone, you are quite often completely wrong, and this is one of those times. Thanks for playing.

18. JayZ750

hey, you're right.

it's twice.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/battish01.html

i actually went there to check, but looked at awards and didn't see it. I guess all-defensive team is an honor instead of an award.

that said, when am i "quite often completely wrong". please demonstrate that. thanks.

shane battier is not one of the league's best role players. he's a solid one, but nowhere near as useful a role player as a Lamar Odom, Noah, Blair, Okafor type. His two 2nd team all defense selections certainly don't cement his status as the league's best perimeter defender, as your post implied.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Every time you disagree with me and try to be a smartass about it. See above. You are welcome.

20. JayZ750

great, so once.

congrats on talking out of your ass.