1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Jan 23, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qN5TEP8FCUI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

DD

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, you are splitting hairs.

Randolph career:
    17.5 ppg
    9.0 rb
    .471 FG%
    19.8 PER
    1.7 apg

Shareef:
    18.1 ppg
    7.5 rb
    .472 FG%
    19.0 PER
    2.5 apg

You are splitting hairs, if you think there is a big difference.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is Z-Bo's response to haters like you:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AV8aiI-NIIA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

ironically at the start of the season, just about everyone was saying, as soon as the clippers learn all roads lead through blake, they're playoff contenders, that it actually took them 14 games to figure it out says wonders about that organisation...

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Steve Nash has had multiple 50/60 win seasons and Blake is a rookie.

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Playoffs finally? No.

Garbage scorer or just garbage contributor

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Zach Randolph would be the best player on the Rockets if he were on the team. Amazing to see how he can still be so underrated by so many..

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Depends on how you look at it. It took Randolph a while to get big minutes since he played in Portland to start out his career and they still had Sheed.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

True, but Shareef's career stats include his declining years. He had a bad knee. If you spend the time to add up only their best years, I'm sure it will still balance out.

Zach will probably have better longevity. It just doesn't seem like a serious contender will ever want him, so, like Shareef, he won't have much playoff time to prove whether he can perform in post season.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah you got a point on the first part.

I hope to see Zach in the playoffs at some point while he is still this productive just to see how he would perform.

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Which team(s) will be offering Zach a <i>nice</i> contract in the future?

If I remember correctly, Zach isn't in the long range plans for the Grizzlies.

<hr>

<b>Eastern Conference </b>

Boston
    I have doubts that Zach would fit in with this roster and they don't have a pressing need for him. They already have an expensive payroll.

Miami
    They already have Bosh at a <i>nice</i> salary.

Chicago
    They already have Boozer at a <i>nice</i> salary.

Atlanta
    They have Josh Smith at a <i>nice</i> salary.

Orlando
    They already have a healthy payroll.

New York
    They already have Stoudemire at a <i>nice</i> salary.

Philadelphia
    They already have Brand at a <i>nice</i> salary.

Charlotte
    Perhaps destined for a makeover and dumping of some Veterans with longer contracts. Can't see a motivation for them to pursue Zach with a <i>nice</i> contract offer.

Indiana
    No idea what they are doing.

Milwaukee

Detroit

Washington
    They have been restructuring the roster and already have Rashard with a <i>nice</i> contract. While not a true PF, Rashard represents a significant chunk of payroll that will be hard to move elsewhere. They also have Blatche who might be on the <i>available for trade</i> list.

Toronto

New Jersey
    They have Favors.

Cleveland
    They already have Hickson and Jamison.

<b>
    Western Conference</b>

San Antonio
    They have Duncan and Blair.

L.A. Lakers
    They have Gasol and Bynum.

New Orleans
    As long as they are a <i>ward</i> of the NBA, they are unlikely to make any significant long term signings. With Chris Paul and perhaps other players wanting out and budget concerns, hard to see Zach fitting in here.

Oklahoma City
    They already have Durant as the lead guy.

Dallas
    They are aging and already have a healthy payroll.

Utah
    They have Millsap and Jefferson at <i>nice</i> salaries.

Denver
    Probably going to a youth movement and budget control with Carmelo leaving soon.

Portland
    They have Aldridge as the lead guy in the front court. They paid millions to buyout Steve Francis.

Memphis
    They might not have Zach in their long range plans.

Phoenix
    They have had budget concerns and Stoudemire left. Doubt that Zach would want to go there.

Houston
    Have Scola and Pat is waiting.

Golden State
    They already have David Lee at a <i>nice</i> salary.

L.A. Clippers
    They have Griffin.

Sacramento
    They have been in a youth movement and have had some budget concerns. Doubts that Zach would fit in here.

Minnesota
    They have Kevin Love. They moved Jefferson to eliminate the expensive duplication at that position.

<hr>

What kind of Market - Demand will there be for Zach? It appears fairly limited to me.

#52 Mango, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  13. Kwame

Grizzlies' Zach Randolph gets Western Conference NBA Player of Week again

The NBA named Zach Randolph the Western Conference Player of the Week today, marking the second time this month the Grizzlies’ power forward picked up the honor.

Randolph averaged 20.8 points and 15 rebounds in leading the Grizzlies to a 3-1 record with wins over the Toronto, Philadelphia and Washington last week. Randolph’s strong play pushed Memphis back to a .500 record (24-24) for the first time since Nov. 8 when the Griz had played just eight games.

Memphis is 13-7 when Randolph records 20 points and 10 rebounds. Randolph received his first ever Player of the Week award Jan. 10.The Miami Heat’s LeBron James won the Eastern Conference award for games played Jan. 24-30.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/jan/31/grizzlies-zach-randolph-gets-western-conference-nb/

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it sounds like he is a FA and just the kind of scorer we need to go with martin. I say we sign zach for at least 8-10 a year 3 years and see if he is interested. he is obviously not going to make 17 anymore. I have always liked his game.

Do you think a team of zach and martin along with a shot blocking big ( a la mcgee,deandre jordan,ibaka) could be enough for the rockets?

I think so but maybe I just overhype zach randolphs game.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did someone mention Olympic Gold Medalist Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Zach will turn 30 this Summer, so signing Zach and trading Scola won't be a huge change in lowering the age at that position.

I wonder if Zach will be <i>adjusted</i> to signing his next contract at roughly 50% of his current salary level which is what you have suggested and appears likely.

Also, that would be a roadblock to increasing the minutes for Patrick Patterson, so that is something else that Morey would need to consider.

Until a defensive Big is acquired, shuffling players at other positions will probably provide only marginal improvement for the Won - Loss record.

17. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Too bad offense isn't the problem; he is averaging 0.3 BPG.

18. Kwame

So are we still just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Give him the respect that he deserves or he's gonna take it by force. Here he is ending Dallas' 8 game winning streak. Ball don't lie:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SN505xpvZyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Z-Bo is carrying that entire team. The rest of those guys are all riding his coattails. Z-Bo doesn't need to practice. We talkin' about practice?!:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DeJHlyU7pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

yes even skinny dude like Ai cough the turkey ver needed practice ....... especially the fat ones ... Look at what happened to Mo williams, bonzi wells and sean may :rolleyes:

I bet zbo have serious BO to keep defenders at bay so he can score easily.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some members of Kwame's dream team:

Z-Bo
    Kwame Brown
    Terrence Williams

What do the poster and these players have in common?

They all underperform when it matters and they are all not very smart. I have a pretty good idea of the type of players Kwame likes.