1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Jan 23, 2011.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Horrible? Uhm, Hardly. Certainly not in this context.

Stats vs, doing it at the cost of wins, could be said for anybody.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

If Luis Scola or Carl Landry played for the Grizz I highly doubt their asses can put up the same numbers like Z-bo can on a consistent basis.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hear he's the 2nd coming of Grizzlie legend Shariff Abdur Rahim.

4. Spankie

Spankie Member

He's been doing this for a while now bro. Haters gunna hate, lovers gunna love.

5. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

who says we're ignoring him?? Z-Bo's been dominating on my fantasy team!! other than that, who cares...he plays for the grizzles.

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

plenty of players throughout the recent years haven't got the credit for the disgusting numbers they put up. ie dirk (minus hix mvp year), al jeffy, granger, etc

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's done a pretty good job on the grizz however:

1) He plays for the Grizz, and nobody watches or cares for the Grizz

2) Despite his monster performance the Grizzlies have continued to be a lottery team

3) Griffin eclipses his monster season with one of his own and is the current "it" boy when it comes to defenseless scoring and rebounding machines.

4) He's in a contract year. I won't easily believe he's really turned a new leaf when he's playing for his next contract.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Stupid comparison. Nash is a proven winner throughout his career and Blake Griffin is a rookie.

Zach Randolph has played over 600 regular season games in the NBA and a total of 8 playoff games, all of which came in his first two seasons when he was a backup for a very deep Blazers team.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

same folks on kevin love's nuts

edit: love's season is more monster

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

WHAT HAPPEN? This many posts in a Z-Bo thread without...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rh2fn01cngg" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:confused:

Before Griffin's breakout game on Nov 20th where he went 44/15/8, the Clippers were 1-13.

Since Nov 20th, now that the Clippers realize they need to go through Griffin more, they are 16-12. In there last 17 games, they are 12-5.

Before 11/20, 1-13
    After 11/20, 16-12
    Last 17, 12-5

There is a clear trend there coinciding with the Clippers learning to go through Griffin...indicated in his assist going over 4.0 since 11/20, as well.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Randolph is nothing more than a fantasy player. He doesn't care about winninng.

Reminds me of Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Like I said ys ago, randolph is one of the best post players in the league period,top 3 or 4. Once he gets his position,its money in the bank. He should never be the best player, but he always seem to produce like the best player. What funny is typical clutchfans says he pad stats on bad teams, but most are enamored like scola and martin. Whats the difference?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Character.

DD

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in forever. I remember that guy from when I first started watching basketball, lol.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Has 0 to do with production of a basketball player. I really dont care about character, u just cant have a team full of them just like you cant have a team full of boyscouts.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You asked what was the difference and I answered...nothing more.....to read into it.

DD

19. amaru

amaru Member

/Thread

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For those that are comparing Shariff Abdur-Rahim to Z-Bo, SAR only put up 20-10 once in his career, Randolph has done it (if you count this season) five times. All you haters owe Z-Bo an apology. Swallow your pride and apologize like this ESPN writer did last year:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/97qeBIhuuj8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/97qeBIhuuj8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>