1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season... Andray Blatche is having?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HMMMHMM, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Over 17 and 10 these last six games. 24.1 PER & .192 win shares for the season.
    Numbers are pretty much up across the board.

Has played really well and done so being surprisingly sound. Might be a starter for the Nets the rest of the year.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uqnvpN95yDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm kicking myself for dropping him in fantasy.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People called me crazy for wanting him

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

He's just been getting minutes due to Brook Lopez's injury. Lopez is due to return this week.

So no more Super Blatche. Although, it has been fun to see what he can produce when not on a terrible team like the Wizards. It's something that Blatche himself has not been shy to point out.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I full on researched this guy a few seasons ago. He's always been ultra-skilled, but after watching enough interviews I got the feeling that he has a pretty low bball IQ, on top of never utilizing his body by being in stellar shape. Honestly could probably play the role of a plug-in-play, off the bench type guy pretty well... I have no problem saying he may actually be just slightly less skilled than Amare. A lot of wasted potential here..

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Everybody loves using some variation of my thread title. What can I say, I'm a trendsetter. I can't take all the credit though.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

thats how dumb people can be here

i wanted Blatche and Mayo BADLY( and we could have saved money and been a better team had we gotten them), and most of the people here called them "knuckleheads". They have huge talent, and could have helped us. Blatche obviously was gonna play with a chip on his shoulder, after feeling unwanted by the worst team in the league

Morey doesnt know what he's doing

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yes. We are going to ignore statistical blips, because they are going away soon. And the purpose of this thread was what exactly?

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Murray clearly has no idea what he's doing. He traded for Harden, robbed Lin and Asik from their respective teams using a flaw in the system, and drafted Parsons in the 2nd round in what was considered a very weak class. What a moron. :rolleyes:

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Pfft, should have drafted Parsons in the third round instead of squandering that valuable 2nd round pick!

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

mayo is a knucklehead? I just thought he wasn't utilized properly.

Andrey Blatche is a full r****d, I don't care about streak, he does too much stupid shet to ever be consistently contributing.

12. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

traded for harden...good.
    robbed asik, yes.
    parsons second round, yes.

but Lin? Lin was nothing more than a publicity stunt to attract more people to the toyota center. Lin is an average point guard who was overpaid.

-inb4linscored38lastnight

so what, most starting point guards are capable of putting those numbers up once in a while. lin's season stats speak for themselves. just terrible.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Too bad you didn't point that out to us back then.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I remmeber saying that i wanted Morey to pursue OJ Mayo

15. delishman

delishman Member

Always been a very talented player who lacked the maturity.

Are we just going to ignore he could be the second coming of Zach Randolph?

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes, and I could bring up all the players in the league and say "I wanted Morey to get X".

Then when one of those players blow up I could go around the thread saying I told you so.

Andray Blatche is a knucklehead, there's no point having that guy on your squad even if he puts up good numbers. Sure the Nets have him now and he's producing but that's only because he was picked up off the garbage bin. What happens when the year's over and his looking for his new contract, are you then gonna give him 6-12M a year and hope and he pray he doesn't tailspin?

A couple of years ago people were praising Kahn for picking Beasley out of the bargain bin and saying he's such a steal, look at him now.

As far as Mayo's concerned, sure you might want him badly but considering we had Kmart, Lee, and a pick that was projected to be Jeremy Lamb incoming why would you trade for him? Mayo's again a bargain at 6M this year but if you already have Harden on your team (which we do), what's the point of getting him?

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

8.33 per year is about the price of an average point guard in this league. And what else were we going to do with all of the cap space we had (and still have)?

18. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Look, I was very much opposed to going after Blatche myself and you still can make the argument that it was the right move not going after him - Blatche poorly rubbing off on the young guys and all.

That said, if think you're in a phase were the teams has to take risks, then I'm not sure Thabeet, T-Will and White were better risks to take than Blatche.

Blatche signed a one year fully non-guaranteed deal.
    So if that's all it took, why spend a mid first rounder on guy with just as much if not more risk? Why trade a lottery protected first rounder for a knucklehead the year before? Why sign a relatively low-upside player like Machado instead?

Blatche is a legit 6'11 with long arms and extremely skilled. There just aren't many of those guys around. I love Royce White's potential, but Blatche has just as much if not more potential.
    Could he go back to his old ways once he's signed to another long-term deal? Sure. But perhaps he won't and perhaps you could have signed him to a multi-year deal with only the first one being guaranteed. Royce White's deal is at least two year's guaranteed for comparison.

See, I never was high on Beasley. He always was a tweener, who took terrible shots and didn't know how to play the game. Blatche is different.

I'm also not really mad at the Rockets for not going after Mayo. Mayo's case is a bit different from Blatche, too, because he hadn't hit rock-bottom and thus had at least some leverage in negations.
    Now he's going to get paid after this year anyway.

You can't tell me that Blatche wouldn't have taken a multi-year deal with at least one year being non-guaranteed if he got more than the mimimum in year one.