1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we gonna to ignore what Zach Randolph just did to the Spurs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They were dominating the series so he has not had much to complain about. They served notice to RC Buford that he'd better start his wide open search for a new coach. joptac's prediction regarding Zbo's implosion requires things to go bad for the Grizzlies. That is not happening right now.

Dominant players in the playoffs with a better case than Randolph (21 ppg. 50% FG, 9 rpg. 3 apg, 1 spg. 0.5 bpg):

1. Chris Paul (22 ppg. 54% FG, 7.3 rpg, 11 apg, 1 spg)
    2. LeBron James (24 ppg. 47% FG, 10 rpg, 6 apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg)
    3. Derrick Rose (27 ppg, 37% FG, 4 rpg, 6apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg)
    4. Kevin Durant (32.4 ppg, 47% FG, 5 rpg, 3 apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg)
    5. Rajon Rondo (19 ppg, 50% FG, 7 rpg, 12 apg, 1 spg, 0 bpg)

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I swear clutchfans is the forum for professional hindsight readers. Back in 2008, he was seen as a lazy bum that often stopped offenses in it's tracks when the ball hit his hands.

Now that he's playing excellent ball in Memphis, everyone is apparently a genius because they were begging for the Rockets to pick this guy up at the time...

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I've been a big Randolph supporter for over the last year. When I brought it to CF's attention, they told me he wasn't an upgrade over Scola. Some of us saw it all along..

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With Shane on the team Zack can no longer be double teamed.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

But But I thought Zach Randolph was going to stop performing as soon as he got the extension

6. what

what Member

Randolph and the city of memphis go together. Like Peanut Butter and Jelly. From Zach Randolph. Memphis shows me love and I show memphis love.

{feel free to reference the meth labs & whores}

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as I read this. I been a fan of Z-bo for years so I am glad that he is showing his game on a big stage. I hope he continues playing like this against OKC.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

+100 for this thread. Been a ZBO fan since the days people said he was an overrated lazy bum that only cared about stats.

9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

None of those players bring the intangibles that Zach Randolph does. Also, Chris Paul is not even in the playoffs and Derrick Rose is a chucker who makes Trevor Ariza look accurate and averages 4 turnovers per game.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The guy can't and doesn't jump and still completly owned Duncan and McDyess. The way he ended the series against SA was unreal. The guy is showing why he is a STAR

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's b/c tim duncan and mcdyess can't jump either. :grin:

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

An aging Spurs team that has to come back 1-3 against an 8th seed is struggling. Especially when the other team is well rested.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's amazing zach randolph was ever considered overrated or overpaid because apparently everyone was always a huge fan of his.

2 people like this.
  15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Tony Allen brings more intangibles to that team than Zack Randolph ever has. Don't get me wrong, I love ZR, but saying he has more intangibles than everyone on that list is very far-fetched.

16. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

If you dont respect Z-bo you're not a real basketball fan. This man has turn into something most people thought he couldn't turn into. I'm not even talking about his game because hes always been a great player, I'm talking about his mindset and attitude.

Just looking at him the floor he looks like a total different person then he was years ago. I remember when all he cared about was getting his stats, now all he care about is winning.

I tip my hat to Zach Randolph.

#56 T-mac&Yao=RING, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remind me what Zach's new contract is worth, would you? Sure don't sound like he's being "ignored."

18. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

People can change, and Zach look like he has.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's why i don't like when people try to psycho-analyze players. this could be z-bo all along, but he is finally in a situation where the surroundings allow him to be who he is and plays like how he should play.

20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Duncan and McDyess are equal defenders. But I agree Randolph got a lot of points on the over-matched Matt Bonner too, who is nowhere near Ibaka or Perkins. The big man out there who can stop him is home in Orlando. This playoff run could put him on the map among elite 4's in the league. Especially if he is carrying teams for entire series in the playoffs.