1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

so we gonna ignore zach randolph's MONSTER week?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Yawn.
    Call me when the Grizzlies become a legit playoff team or whatever, because until then I just don't care what stats those bunch of ballhogging unintelligent losers rack up.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gasol and Lionel Hollins have really turned their team around. They still have defensive lapses but guys like Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph who have been ballhogs their entire career have started passing the ball.

Besides they're only 4 games behind us. With the season not yet over I see them making the playoffs barring injury.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I have def taken notice. It's good to see. There has never been a question of talent, Randolph has always been his worst enemy. Maybe the light has come on

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hate this franchise bc of how they dumped Gasol to the Lakers.

5. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Of those 4 wins a win against Denver in Memphis was the only meaningful one. The rest were all at home against Granger less Indiana, Wizards and Warriors....not exactly the leagues elite. They are team full of lottery picks and a 20/10 guy...whether he is selfish or not, these are games they should be winning and for once they actually are. Saying only 4 games behind the Rockets is a bit meaningless... I mean the Rockets are then ONLY 3 1/2 games off 2nd in the West.

6. roksoer

roksoer Member

i don't think he's padding his stats since a large number of his rebounds are offensive rebounds, he's among the top 3 in that category for the year i think. you actually have to HUSTLE for offensive boards

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Over who? The only teams that I think could actually drop out of the playoff race are Portland depending on their injury situation or maybe us if we get tired out. Memphis is definitely not better than us, Portland, Utah, or even OKC, so I don't see how they get in, and even if they surpassed all those teams, I still see Sacramento as superior to them. I'm sorry, I just can't see them making the playoffs at all - it's a 9 way race, with Sacramento and Memphis barely hanging on after those 9.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Z-Bo can ball when he wants to.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's pretty impressive. As a franchise, they've never even crossed 30 wins in the 8 seasons Battier hasn't been with the team. They've averaged 19 wins per season (adjusting for the abbreviated 1999 season) in those years. Looks like that will finally change. Credit to Randolph for being a part of positive progress.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

Well his entire career before the last five games would agree. The last time he was on a winning team was the 02-03 season and he only averaged 17 minutes per game. The next year he became a full-time starter and hasn't sniffed the playoffs since.

11. towW

towW Member

= he had the ball the most.

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

This. No doubt he is a top power player. There may not be a better back to the basket player in the NBA. Seriously. He also may be the most fundamentally sound guy on the boards too. He's obviously not going to out jump many people for rebounds. If I'm teaching kids how to properly box out, I'm showing Z-Bo and Tim Duncan videos.

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I never knew why people dog Randoph and his contract, yeah he's getting paid a little too much, but he produces numbers, a regular 20 10 guy for the last couple of years. I know he has a bad attitude, but unlike people like, Elton Brand, Eddie Curry, even Tyson Chandler and even Oakafor, he's playing up to his contract. I wouldn't want him for the rockets, but he's doing awesome for me in my fantasy leagues.

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Zach Randolph has always been a 20-10 guy. other than that, he doesn't really do much. he is kind of like a poor man's carlos boozer.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Always reminded me of Derrick Coleman

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

This might be the first time Zach Randolph was mentioned in the same sentence with Tim Duncan...

...hopefully the last.

17. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

What;s impressive is he's staying his *** out of trouble and actually helping his team.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly.

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

C'mon now, that is hardly a good enough reason to ignore him.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sad how people will do whatever it takes to discredit someone just to avoid saying that they were wrong about him.

Z-Bo is balling.