1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

so we gonna ignore Hasheem Thabeet's MONSTER week?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jan 2, 2010.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

WOW! They better lock him up with a Cato-esque contract ;)

2. Steve_Francis_rules

Sorry, but this is just one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. DId you know that if it weren't for the games where the Rockets didn't win, we'd be 20-0 and have a better record than every other team?

Unfortunately, all the games count. And what matters is the final score, not whether or not you had a big lead at some point before choking it away.

3. what

what Member

The point was to show how good the grizzlies have been playing recently. Not to cry over spilled milk. The suns were just one in a long line of causalities which are mounting.

Suns
    Nuggets
    Cleveland
    Dallas (though they beat us recently)
    Portland (pre injury)

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ha ha ha?!

In all honesty, I would like to see the franchise succeed because that would be good for the NBA. I hope your optimism is not misplaced but fear that it is.

Trash-talking against the Rockets on this site is dumb. If you want to praise the Grizzlies, go right ahead. But I suggest you lay off saying they will be the Rockets by 20, etc if you want to be taken seriously.

5. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

he meant, he didn't capitalize ON his name, meaning that he did not profit financially from writing the post..

at least thats all i could think of..

6. what

what Member

I don't generally post in the GARM forum about the grizzlies. If I did that, it would be correct to call me a troll. This forum is NBA Talk, so there is a little more latitude. Besides, I'm not the one starting grizzly threads. You guys are. ;)

7. what

what Member

Also:
    If you don't know, the grizzlies are more of a half court offense. We like to get out and run, but we are very efficient in half court sets and that alone surprises teams coming in to play us. You can't really rattle us with tempo or trying to make it a half court game. We thrive in half court.

Here is how the grizzlies are getting leads in games: because we score nearly every time down court and if you happen to miss 5 shots in a row, we are already up on you by ten points. Then we steal the ball a couple of times and 10 point lead turns into 16 points.

The grizzlies still need to play better on defense but in the same respect for any team to have any chance of beat the grizzlies they are going to do it by trying to slow down our offensive efficiency.

1 person likes this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't mind the trash talk...especially since the last time we played the Rockets laid a 25 point smackdown on the Girlz.