1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we gonna act like Ariza is our Chandsome replacement when we have K-PAP DA GAWD?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Oct 14, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not DA GAWD but DA STEAL!!!

2. jim158

jim158 Member

I am afraid you have too high expectations from kosta.
    I am Greek, an olympiakos fan, i know him since he was 16.
    In europe was extreme valuable, but in my opinion he is not an nba player

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

If K-Pap ever posterizes someone, Worrell and Bullard should call it a PAP SMEAR.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses and try the veal.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Interesting, but based upon the limited preseason minutes I've seen, he looks like he can be a valuable backup wing in the NBA.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Kostas is a welcome surprise, but Ariza is the man! Love his game, he knows what he can and can't do and shoots at a high percentage. I couldn't stand that Chandler tried to create so much last year, with that slow ass pump fake and weird straight line drive shot of his. Kostas can create somewhat and so can Ariza.

6. afk

afk Member

I'm expecting Pa and Ariza to finish games along side Bev, Harden, and Howard.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

if theyre trying to land a 3rd star they have been talking about, you can bet that k-pap will most likely be involved. if we can pull a trade off without k-pap, then Morey really is God.

8. john rapto

john rapto Member

Hi guys. I'm from greece and i watched papanikolaou play many times. I'm not a houston rockets fan (yet) but i'll give you an insight of kostas as a player.First of all he's not a shooter. I know he's a lefty but shooting is not his strongest point. He does all the fundamentals very good. Believe me he will be a huge help from the bench. To a scale from 1 to 10 he is a 6 with a potential of being a 7 for the nba. Do you want prediction of kostas rookie season with numbers?
    7-8 points, 3-4 rebs, 2-3 assists, 1-2 steals and 46-47% field goal, 37% 3point and 80-85% free throws in 13-18 minutes per game.

P.S.: I just watched a few preseason games of houston rockets and i think you will have a chance at the title if you don't have injuries,if you improve your defence (especially harden) and your bench provides some help(points,assists,rebounds,etc.) to the starters.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

actually, chandsome's shot is really pretty this year. he put in a lot of work in the offseason and his shot has a really nice arc now; reminiscent of a young robert horry.

check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ektW2n-Dkwc

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Discussions about the Mavericks SFs belong in the Dish. I think there's even a thread there on that topic. Yes, I know you were just replying to someone else.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so reply to someone in this thread by posting my reply in another thread?

[​IMG]

12. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

People seemed pretty down this offseason about the Rockets' offensive ability, but we've got these two guys who are exceeding expectations in the preseason.

Yall just need that short memory:

[youtube]24KTBp8qQIo[/youtube]

Chandsome who?

13. jedicro

jedicro Member

Appreciate your input and welcome to the board!

I don't think anyone here honestly thinks he's the "Greek Lebron" or our 3rd star. I'm fairly certain the posters that said that were joking. I also don't think anybody thinks he will be able to guard big 4's for any stretch of time due to his lack of size.

I will disagree with you on his ball handling. It's quite a bit stronger than I was expecting. No he probably can't take guys off the dribble 1 on 1 consistently, but I'm not worried when he's pushing a fast break or slashing to the rim. And his outside shot will come around. His struggles are probably related to adjusting to the extra length plus "preseason legs".

What we love about him is he seems like a creative passer; he's crafty around the basket; he's a willing and decent defender/rebounder; and he seems to have *very* high basketball IQ...meaning he just knows where to be on offense and defense.

You have doubts he's NBA quality, I have very little. I think he's going to be a key bench player for us all year and will have a very nice NBA career barring major injuries.

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Good points all around. Those of us that were very high on him saw all the things he did well, despite putting up 'just ok' stats in the Euro League, and that the Rockets were all terribly deficient in them last season. From wing defense, team defense, playing hard, making the extra pass, 3 point consistency, and leadership.

No one on the Rox last year was really centered around team chemistry. Harden and Howard, while leaders, were adjusting getting used to one another and seemed to be focused on that aspect. Parsons was shooting up shots and playing for a contract. Asik was pouting. Lin was well, a hot button issue as always for a various number of reasons. Garcia was playing hurt, and couldn't get his leadership on the court.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i watched that game, he's still shooting the beam ball fade away from the wings, his corners were always soft.

16. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I watched him play in FIBA and my thoughts then were he was headed to Dleague. He has been a pleasant surprise this preseason and deserves the praise we are giving. Soon we will know if he is NBA ready though. The pace of preseason is going to ramp up here soon to NBA speed. I will be happy if he is able to step his game up a notch to meet this challenge. It won't surprise me if he needs more time and is sent to Dleague but I personally am hoping he can step it up and make the bench.

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Thanks for the analysis. If this is what a POF looks like, I welcome it.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Arizanikolaou gonna tear it up at SF this season!

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

so it's you again. why don't you just stay in the DAL fan forums?

we ain't missing Parsons now that we have Ariza and Paps on friendlier contracts.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We are loving him here already.

I think he's better than what you've seen in Europe. How much more is something we will find out.

Paps is expanding his game because coaches are asking him to handle the ball and create for his teammates. Coaches are also going to play him at the 4 a lot. So coaches will allow him to play through mistakes. For that reason, I think Paps is glad he came over to the NBA.

He's still adjusting to the NBA 3pt line. But we believe he will be a decent 3pt shooter. He also teams up well with DMo.

After uncertainty over who will lead the bench, I think our bench will be solid with Terry and Paps to settle the guys down.