1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So We Can't Watch Rox/Dallas Tues-Unless We Have Comcast!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Oct 2, 2014.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not available in my area. Thanks for screwing your fans, Les. Your richer, but we can't watch your product.

1 person likes this.
  2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Sux, I'm sure if you're with any provider long enough, you're bound to have an issue.

On second thought, I do have a DirecTV complaint: I STILL CAN'T WATCH THE ROCKETS :mad:

3. TMac'n

I just don't understand the logic of being a long time loyal customer (for me, 10+ yrs since Time Warner) and not wanting to resolve customer issues that could be so simple.

I guess customer retention is not part of their business mission and values

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Ballstreams, my friend. Your life will be complete.

Stay thirsty, or stay hungry, my friend.

Cheers.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Comcast is great. Amazing service provided by amazing people. Never had a problem with them. I even liked their Facebook page. You should do it as well.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Damned right bro. The fawk I'm not gonna be able to watch my rox in my own mother fawkin home. Fuxthatsheetyo.

#66 Tfor3, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Man Tmac'n, that sux. I would be beyond frustrated to go thru that. Luckily I have not had any problems of any significance with them and I get to watch the rox which me makes very happy.

#67 Tfor3, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ballstreams does NOT have any of the Rockets preseason games listed so far from what I'm seeing on their schedule. I'd get some clarification from their people before spending money on that site.

(Also- Its only a matter of time before they shut that site down)

9. mightybosstone

I use First Row Sports, and it very rarely ever lets me down. My fiancee and I gave up cable when we moved to our new place and I honestly don't miss it since I can still stream live sports. And I refuse to give Comcast my money. That company is the epitome of evil.

10. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

i love my international league pass...

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

and here's the anonymous rep to my post:

I don't live in Kingwood (or Texas for that matter), you anonymous twit. but if one response is going to be "just get comcast", then my rebuttal is that for about half the population of greater Houston, COMCAST ISN'T EVEN AN OPTION IN THEIR AREA.

yeah nothing says ghetto like Kingwood Texas. what a moron.

so... just get comcast, don't live in kingwood. brilliant.

12. bmd

bmd Member

lol @ kingwood going ghetto...

13. cml750

cml750 Member

There are some post in this thread saying to "Just get Comcast". I hope people realize that Comcast is not available to everyone. Comcast is bound by their infrastructure. I live in the Beaumont / Port Arthur area and Comcast is not available here. There are also areas in Houston that can't get Comcast. I hope everything goes well in the Monday hearings so hopefully there a carriage deals in place before the start of the regular season. I do not want to spend another season streaming games.

14. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

guys relax I gotcha covered. vipbox.tv has free streams, they aren't the greatest quality but it beats not watching the rockets!

15. TMac'n

I also received an anonymous rep to my post:

Yeah, you douche, i know they make money off of me. That's how they're able to provide a product that I am willing to pay for. Unlike Comcast, a multi-billion dollar company that's continued to screw over Rockets fans and not provide an equal product or customer service compared to other television providers

16. soinlife

soinlife Member

agree absolutely no reward for being a loyal customer, they act like i put them out by paying them over 10 years, (since time warner as well) and having an expectation to provide a proficient product. I am pretty easy going and since there switch to comcast and giving them the benefit of the doubt mostly, the sample size was just to much for me. they never made my service a priority, but they definitely made sure that i knew how and when my payments were due. i never missed a payment, unfortunately, in my experience comcast gets no love from me, and they will never get another penny from me either. i'm sure they employ lots of people and help lots of people, but i just don't like to be continually disrespected and treated like a 3rd rate person just to get some internet and tv. Comcast in my experience is the worst company ive ever had the privilege to experience.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Netherlands would need to change their laws for that to occur, ballstreams isn't actually doing anything illegal (the us .com is just their front end webhosting)

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I thought the same, was skeptical myself.

But...

• Their HockeyStreams: http://www4.hockeystreams.com/ has been up and running with an insane amount of users for 7+ years or something.
    • I don't see Ballstreams ever shutting down, unless some law changes in the Netherlands. I used Ballstreams the entire preseason, regular season and playoffs last year, and during the entire year, probably only had a maximum of 5-10 lags and hiccups, but they would always fix it in live time.
    • Their customer service is live during games, and is 1000000000000000000x better than LP.

Just my two cents.
    Cheers.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right I agree Ballstreams is good quality but my question is are they even showing the rockets preseason games most importantly?

They do NOT have the Rockets listed on their schedule right now for some reason. I'm not paying them if they aren't adding the Rockets games.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm not so worried about that, they said it will be updated closer to game day. You can wait till Tuesday as well before signing to avoid getting screwed.

They had summer league and fiba, no reason not to have the televised preseason games