1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So We Can't Watch Rox/Dallas Tues-Unless We Have Comcast!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Oct 2, 2014.

1. scottie brooks

At one time or another I've used Dish, Uverse, Comcast. With all providers, I have had issues eventually come up. No one provider is immune to any problem arising at some point.

Price being equal, I see no difference in customer service. With any provider you may call and get someone with *****ty service and not know how to fix your problem or you may get the best service imaginable and they may go above and beyond to help you. No matter what. The person on the other line fixing your problem is human. Humans are prone to good and bad days no matter the provider.

If paying for cable is a luxury you can afford and you must see every Rockets game, might as well just get whats available to you. Otherwise you have to be inventive and find an alternate method. Who knows when this issue will get resolved. It doesn't look like anytime soon tho.

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

not true at all. It's in the training. T-Mobile has fantastic customer service compared to other providers and it's many awards prove as much. Comcast has the worst people I've ever had to deal with.

case-in-point: https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10

3. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

IT Guy here. If you are referring to a wifi extender, then yes it will work. Just be aware that a cheap extender can cut out from time to time. You get what you pay for. I have a cheap one at home in the hallway that I have to reboot every now and then (once a week maybe) but its not a constant annoyance. I also installed a more expensive one in my bosses house and he never has any issues with it.

1 person likes this.
  4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Comcast is not available in places such as kingwood, with over 80,000 residents

2 people like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thanks! Its cheaper for me to go all season with ballstreams and an extender instead of a cable/uverse.... My modem is way upstairs and chromecast only gets 3 bars out of 5.... Need more bars so I can watch Ariza stuff Parsons in the face..... Is this good? Or do I get a more expensive one?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...04-170?id=1219389046735&skuId=9064008&st=wifi extender&cp=1&lp=11

6. scottie brooks

Absolutely agree with the training. I have had good and bad service with T-Mobile as well despite the awards. It all depends who you are talking to.

7. CCapps

I'll be honest with you, I haven't personally used that model before but it seems like it has gotten decent reviews. The one I have is a netgear but it is the low end $20 model (got it for free. too lazy and cheap to upgrade lol). I have installed and gotten great results out of the amped brand. They are more expensive but they are also reliable. In my opinion you would probably be fine with that high end netgear you are looking at. Plus it has that compact design that plugs right into the wall which is pretty awesome. But hey if it gives you trouble, you can always exchange it for one of these bad boys. just hang on to the receipt!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amped-w...391&skuId=5471152&st=range extender&cp=1&lp=9

(here's a good review on this model http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407154,00.asp)

If you get one and need any help or advice, shoot me an e-mail and I will help you as best as I can.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Some big money people in Houston should hit me with a lawsuit!

Probably couldn't win, but could make life tough on then and influence some progress maybe.

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not my case at all. My cable kept going in and out. This had been going on for over 3 months until it finally became unwatchable.

When I called Comcast they scheduled for a technician to come out within the next TWO WEEKS! I complained how ridiculous that was but they had no other solution. Two weeks later when the tech arrived he came to the conclusion that there was nothing he could do and recommended a tech with more experience. I vented but he had no solution other than to call customer service.

Customer service then told me that due to the new digital conversion, it was my fault because the wires in my house "may or possibly" have exposed openings and that solution was a $100 fee for new tech to come "take a look" and then any additional cost of replacing those wires. My instant answer was a professional "go f@ck yourself" and cancel my service.

Next I called DirecTV who came to install within 2 days WITHOUT REPLACING ANY WIRES. So far, no complaints with DirecTV for the past 4 years, in fact my current bill is $75 a month with free Sunday Ticket this season.

The fact is Comcast blamed me for their failure to provide a service I was paying for. Then they wanted me to pay additionally for something they should have fixed (which was not a problem with DirecTV) in order to keep a long time customer (customer since Time Warner).

1 person likes this.
  10. Hmm

Hmm Member

There's a key difference however between getting 10 lousy customer service reps out of 10 and getting 1 out of 10...

It simply happening once in a while with other companies doesn't suddenly make it more of the same when another company was supplying you with a consistent stream of terrible service...

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I mean.. this is 2 year old news.. nothing new here..

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

If it were so easy...

My building is AT&T only :(

13. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

From October 10, 2012 and nothing has changed in the last two years ....

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just picked one up from bestbuy on my way back home from work.....

http://store.linksys.com/adapters/l...productId159410439VVcatId554677VVviewprod.htm

And thanks a lot for everything, wish I could double rep you.... Ill try and set it up... Cant be too hard right lol?

I decided to go back to ballstreams..... I'm tired of all this crap and nobody knows when games are gonna be on uverse..... Another thing is games getting blacked out.... Hopefully the range extender helps me watch games without it cutting out or chromecast on 3 bars......

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ok.... All set up... Worked wonderfully!!!!! No more deadspots..... I'm now ready for Rockets basketball!! So excited....

16. CCapps

That's awesome! They are definitely pretty easy to set up. I'm thinking of getting a month of ballstreams so I can test it and watch the preseason games.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I didn't want to go back to ballstreams because I really liked the idea of having uverse and be able to just put on the game but I opted for ballstreams for two reasons..... Money I'm going to save and not having to worry about blackouts..... With high speed internet and good connection to roku or chromecast you can watch the games in great quality..... I had all sorts of problems last year but I decided to just move modem upstairs and wire feed my pc.... When I did that the stream was flawless on PC but Chromecast was too far from modem.... Now that I worked out the chromecast issue I see no reason why ballstreams will work better for me this year..... I recommend it, you try it one month I promise you will continue doing it....

18. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

19. scottie brooks

That definitely sucks to have to go through that. I have luckily not had such an experience in 3 years of service with Comcast. I would changed service too if pushed into a corner like that. Luckily I have had good service to date. I had direct TV or uverse once and they left a cable exposed in my backyard. It went from my from me neighbor's house directly behind me all the way to my house on top of the grass. After a year of calling direct tv to come bury it with no help, I gave up. I switched to Comcast and they came to bury it after one call. Go figure.

20. soinlife

soinlife Member

comcast is the most unethical cable monopoly that i have ever seen, i love the rockets and hung with comcast for 10+ years....over the span of my loyal customer experience they never were on time/never made my service a priority/never took good customers notes/ never did i not have to tell my story at least 10 times to get to the right person to talk to/i will never go back to comcast in 1000 years, I am a loyal rockets, i'll just listen on the radio or get the stream, comcast thinks its to big for there own britches, its a bottom dwelling business with fine print and has zero continuity when it comes to communication and customer service...it will catch up to them some day...end of rant