1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So We Can't Watch Rox/Dallas Tues-Unless We Have Comcast!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Oct 2, 2014.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

No. Never again

2. Play07

Play07 Member

It been going on longer with the trailblazers, lakers, Mavericks etc.

My boy lives in Arlington can't watch Mavs games, the mayors are not who the blame, it's the owner that took the extra money FYI

3. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Never

With comcast I pay cable n internet (27mb) 117$ (NFL network, nba tv, mlb, nhl, all espn channels, fox sports, nbc sports etc.)

I was paying close to 100$ for those channels with Dish. Would never get em again, plus they cheated me, after my contract was done got me on another 2 years "for hd free for life", which they never said it would extend my contract for 2 more years
    Made me pay 220$ cancelattion fee

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Enough already, anyone that still has Comcast is only because they've been fortunate enough to not have to interact with them or they just don't know any better. It is an overwhelming near consensus that Comcast offers an inferior product (Internet service excluded) with inferior customer service and at a higher price. Putting up with that to most just isn't worth it, not even to watch the Rockets. Me included.

I'll continue to stream or miss out until I can watch the games on DirecTV. And so will 60% of the viewers in the Houston area.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

The chat was awesome. I hope to be there this year.

6. bmd

bmd Member

For how many TVs?

7. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

I have DirecTV and the past 2 years I just went ahead and got Comcast just for the Rockets season. So, yeah I had 2 Cable/Satellite providers. I am a die-hard fan and I'm sorry but I'm not going to miss the Rockets season. I paid like $60 a month extra a month for 6 months then just cancelled the service after each season. I will GLADLY pay $360 for TV access to the Rockets all year long in the comfort of my own home. Its cheaper then going to 1 game with a family of 4. This year is different. I fully expect this deal to go through by the regular season tip. So, I did some research about Ballstreams.com and went ahead and got the online service for a month just for the preseason. I tested it out and seems to be legit. The games are pretty fluid and not choppy at all, (Yet). I don't mind watching an online live feed or a archived game after it concludes just for preseason. If for some reason the deal doesn't go through, you can bet your a$$ ill be calling Comcast to hook up service again for another 6 months. So, for everyone wanting to watch the preseason games, I would prefer getting a monthly pass to Ballstreams.com and just wait for this deal to conclude, because we all know it's going to drag out all month. Also, the month membership to Ballstreams is only $17.99. Good luck guys.

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Sorry for all the words "Month" in that second sentence. Geez

9. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Comcast here.

I will be loyal to them until something bad happens. So far no issues.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Last year, I moved into my new house in late January. I didn't own a tv and didn't buy one for months. I just don't watch tv very much.

But in October of last year, I went to Best Buy to get a new tv. And then talked to Comcast to get cable set up.

I know people don't like Comcast very much. But it doesn't matter to me. I got my set up specifically to watch Rockets games!

12. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

2 (living n master)

Same amount of tvs that I had with dish.

13. dragician

dragician Member

ballstreams dot com

14. dragician

dragician Member

because they don't care.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Okay, because I'm paying the same amount for Dish with all 5 TVs having the full HD channel package with DVR as I was for 2 TVs with full HD channel package and the other 3 TVs just having basic plug into the wall non-HD cable with Comcast.

16. scottie brooks

If its not a choice, that sucks. I personally think OUR City's Basketball team, The Rockets, should be able to be seen by everyone in Houston with a TV. I don't think it's fair that it is blacked out to everyone except Comcast users. Where does it end? What's next? Pay Per View games?

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Glad I didn't pull trigger on uverse just yet.. Anybody know if an internet extender will work with chromecast?

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

ATT HD is a joke, don't do it.

19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Join club and cut the cord!!!! The more of you that do it, the less power the cable companies have. Picture a world where NBA TV charges for only your team and doesn't black out local teams.

Don't go mooooooooo!!!! The ants will will no longer march mindlessly like most cable company CEOs....see Sony Records worthless attempt to suppress MP3s/streaming music instead of adapting. Their golden handcuffs don't allow them to make creative decisions.

:rolleyes:

20. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

whoever likes comcast has been lucky. If you have never had to deal with their customer service, congrats!