1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hopefully the protesters don't get violent. I have zero confidence they will stay peaceful, however.

2. amaru

amaru Member

It doesn't reflect on the black population whatsoever. Contrary to popular belief, not all black people think the same way and are therefore not responsible for the actions of those who happen to vaguely resemble them.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Actually, yes it does reflect on the black population. And that is why most black folks that aren't involved in that behavior are dismayed and disappointed by it.

Similar to how images of illegal immigration reflects on U.S born hispanics. And how stereotypical trailer park trash behavior reflects on the white population.

Any nobody ever implied that all black people think the same way, nor are all persons of a race responsible for the actions of others in their race. But to think that repeated displays of behavior by only one race does not create a justified perception affecting that race is just ignorant and head in the sand behavior.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is sad. But it isn't half as sad as the fact that blacks have been and currently still are treated so unfairly when it comes to employment, promotion, the criminal justice system, etc. that they feel such a resentment of the authority that has so long and continues to favor whites.

5. bigtexxx

Is your opinion above relevant to the Freddie Gray case?

6. amaru

amaru Member

Actually, no it doesn't. Only a complete idiot would take the actions of a few hundred people and apply those observations to the most divese group of people on this planet.

So the question is.....are you that idiotic?

7. amaru

amaru Member

I forgot to mention that there are approximately 1 BILLION black people on the planet.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is sad that people buy in to that "the man is out to get black people" propaganda. Oh well, maybe next generation will be smarter.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Except that sometimes, it's true...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270806

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes pretty much anything can be true, doesn't mean you should fool yourself into thinking the world is out to get you. It's just a loser mentality usually adopted by failures who want to look for someone else to blame for their failures in life.

11. bigtexxx

I'm sure some will disagree, but there is a vicious cycle at work, since many blacks have lost respect for law enforcement, and their behavior with law enforcement reflects that. They resist cops (e.g., Mike Brown, Eric Garner), then their people cry about it when bad things happen to them. Gotta stop this senseless cycle. Most of these "outrage incidents" of 2015 could have been prevented had the "victims" not threatened, resisted or laid hands upon the police. Not that hard to understand, folks.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As if this is the ONLY example?

Wait, so if Oprah speaks out about racism is she too then a failure? Chris Rock? Spike Lee? Obama? Are all of these people also failures in life? I guess so, using this logic.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Losers love it when successful people justify their delusions that the only reason they are failures is because of an unfair system and will gladly fork over what little money they have to make those people even wealthier. I mean, isn't that pretty much what made people like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson rich? There's tons of money in preying on the mentally weak like that.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they handcuffed the guy with his hands behind his back and drove him around sliding on the floor of a van how can it be anything other than murder. I am wondering how anyone can explain that?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are creating one helluva strawman there.

That people are using this as a justification for their 'Failures'. I've not seen one person say that or anything close to that. I think people would just be happy with not being killed by the police, or being planted with drugs, or being tortured in custody. I mean that would be nice right?

Any ways, have fun arguing against your strawman.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are a failure in life and are using this as an excuse...:p

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How do we know that this is any more than a slipping Jimmy that slipped a bit too hard?

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

The wealthiest person I know is black. This person is an Ivy League graduate with multiple degrees who had a meteoric rise to a position that only a handful of people have ever held. Don't feed me that garbage about being treated unfairly when it comes to employment and promotion. Hard work and determination always pays.

As for the criminal justice system? The reason blacks represent such a high percentage of incarcerated individuals is because they tend to commit a disproportionate amount of crime. You tell me why, in a country in which blacks make up 13% of the population, they commit 52% of homicides? (source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1980-2008). http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's your argument? Tell me you have more than that. At least give me some bull**** StupidMoniker argument about living virtuous lives or something better than hard work pays off fairy tales and we have criminals because they committed crimes simpleton horse crap.

I love how all your racial takes talk about the black people you know as if your high degree of interaction with the three black people you know means anything in a discussion on American history and race in America.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Is the mayor saying "let them have their safe space"