1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anyone in germany who has ancestral ties to the Nazi party hides it for fear of becoming a pariah. I'm not sure how anything there should be taken as an example.

2. treeman

treeman Member

I'm sure that the police have plenty of pictures, xrays included, that they will use in their investigation. I have a strong suspicion that at least some of those 6 officers suspended will be fired and prosecuted for negligent homicide or some similar charge, because the facts in this case - from what we know now - indicate wrongdoing on their part. It sure would be nice if the social justice brigade would wait for that investigation, and prosecution, to play out before burning shiite down, though.

Did you have a point to make? I can't remember any of your posts ever having one in this forum.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

For those on the left trying to make the case for more of a coddling approach of these people by the police, the looting and burning in Baltimore undermines that case pretty severely.

Just saying.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, at least we have one thing in common.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOL, really?

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Are Americans proud of slave-owning ancestors?

I myself think the sins of the father shouldn't taint the son and that a more humane society involves forgiving the aggressor as much as it involves helping the victim.

And my counter-point to this is: how likely do you think it is that modern Germany will embark on a genocide against Jews anytime soon?

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Jews? Not any time soon. Arabs? Well, it depends on how their elections over the next decade or so go.

9. Northside Storm

10. Falcons Talon

You sure like to come after me. Every chance you get.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You are talking out of both sides here. Also without addressing the point. Germany hasn't moved on at all despite doing basically what you are proposing the USA government do and isn't a good example at all.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either but . . ..

Rocket River

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

14. treeman

treeman Member

ZING! Lol, perfect example. Like I said, not one of your posts has had a point to make for as far back as I can remember. And I remember you from waaayyy back.

At least people like NS Storm try.

15. Falcons Talon

16. treeman

treeman Member

Really? Then how do you square that with forcing the sons of the father to make reparations for the sins of their fathers?

You claim not to hold the sons responsible for their fathers' sins, yet your whole point is that the sons need to pay for the sins of their fathers. Both cannot be true. Which part is BS, then?

And I am fully aware that your goal is revenge, and to knock the US down a peg. So yes, I understand ahead of time that whatever answer you give is disingenuous.

17. Falcons Talon

I didn't realize it was NS that made the initial comment of reparations to which I was sarcastic.

Apologies to you Northside Storm

Not really. Just don't understand your beef. No matter. You just seem to always be on your rag.

18. Northside Storm

Germany has certainly moved on from killing people in concentration camps, and has built a tradition to ensure it will never do so again as best as possible.

And Isreal is now America's staunchest ally in the Middle East and a gem of prosperty thanks to the reparations.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Of course, West Germnay was built strong through the disbursement of the Marshall Plan.

Denying all of this because of "hidden stigma" to long-ago ancestors shouldn't hold any weight in this conversation.

19. Northside Storm

The sins of the father are the sins of the son in this case. Systematic racism in America continues to this very minute. See: Wells Fargo

This isn't a conversation about the past. It is about how the sins of the present are compounding the sins of the past and will continue into the future if left unchecked.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I still don't understand why, but good for him.