1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yup, the cheating scandal is going to be good for MLB business. Astros road games will have a higher draw and national TV games will have a larger audience. We just might get a prime time game in the ALDS!

Houstunna, Jake Tower and texans1095 like this.
  2. Handles

Handles Member

“Jaded baseball fans, angry with the Astros organization for cheating and the MLB for its lack of punishment delivered, decide to indirectly reward the Astros organization and MLB by paying more attention to them.”

Honestly, I don’t give two ***** about what petty fans have to say this season. They can talk all the crap they want about 2017, the only things that matter to me are the banner still hanging and the 2020 season starting. New year, new opportunity to show everyone up.

Dusty won’t have to do much to keep high team morale because I’m pretty sure petty opposing fans will do that job for him. Our players will have a huge chip on the shoulder.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...They can whine all they want. I think the only place that's safe to travel is Boston, bc they're about to get hit with penalties lol..The only way to hush everyone up is to win it all this year...All Dusty has to do is not f it up!

4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

**** off Hank Aaron

BossHogg713 likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Asking Hank Aaron about sign stealing and technology in 2017 is like asking the Orville brothers their thoughts on the engine of a 747. Not all that relevant.

htwnbandit, Handles and BossHogg713 like this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

Edit: deleted, addressed in off-season thread

#1586 awc713, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Verducci: A.J., I'm gonna ask you a question that every fan I think has asked since this story broke. It's more difficult for you because it's way more meaningful. The Astros won the World Series in 2017. Based on what we know now, what we know from the commissioner's investigation, is that championship tainted?

Hinch: It's a fair question. Everyone will have to draw their own conclusion. I hope over time & the demonstration with the talents of this team, the players, the careers that are being had, we have some of the best players in the entire sport all together on the same team. I hope over time it's proven that it wasn't but I understand the question. It's a fair question and people are gonna have to draw their own conclusions. Unfortunately we opened that door as a group and that question may never be answered. We may never know. We're gonna have to live and move forward and be better in the sport. Unfortunately no one can answer that question. I can't pinpoint what advantages or what happened or what exactly would have happened otherwise but we did it to ourselves.

#1588 J.R., Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    htwnbandit likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

God...Will Clark was such a ****ing prick.

Loved him.

jklb and arkoe like this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

Its funny how Hinch can man up and say that the Astros brought this upon themselves and they deserve the criticism that they get while some fans still live in lala land that this is somehow a big conspiracy lol. Fans act like this scandal is a zero sum game. Its still possible to be pissed off at the Stros for cheating and admit we ****ed up and still be a die hard fan. Im attending opening day but I still admit that we ****ed up and I dont blame the league for being pissed off at us.

lmao that's the dumbest comparison I think I've ever heard. Did they not have sign cheating in the 70s? Sign stealing has been happening since the beginning of time. Were there 747's in 1903? LOL man some of you guys are such homers.

MadMax and DieHard Rocket like this.
  11. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Yeah....except its not.

12. Buck Turgidson

All Hinch had to do was tell them to stop it.

I'm more disappointed in him than anyone else.

Nick, DieHard Rocket and msn like this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Oh you’re back? Cool. I forgot about the Apple watches they used in the 70s. Sign stealing has quite clearly gone to a level beyond what they were doing then.

everyday eddie and htwnbandit like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

We did wrong, and we've for sure been punished for it....but so did many several other teams, documented. Where's their Manafort hammer? Where's the media castigation?

It doesn't exist. The selective punishment and self-righteous media horsesh!t show is what pisses me off.

15. Elienator

Elienator Member

16. Elienator

Elienator Member

Hinch should have been more direct, but I can’t believe that players didn’t get the message when he destroyed two of the monitors.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

A lot disappointing about this.

First, he didn’t embrace or make his OWN bench coach stop and didn’t tell a veteran player to stop. That shows a lack of leadership.

Second he claims he destroyed two monitors. That is very passive aggressive and what does it say when your manager destroys two monitors and his OWN bench coach doesn’t stop.

Third, I find it very convenient and self serving that now Hinch has decided to again be passive aggressive and throw his former players and team under the bus.

Let’s assume for a minute that what Hinch reportedly told Manfred is true. That means that the front office didn’t know. That the players and coaches. If that is true, then Luhnow lost his job because Hinch lacked a back bone.

19. Nook

Nook Member

As for Hank Aaron.... I would like someone to ask him if he should have an asterisk next to his home run record considering he used greenies for nearly two decades.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.