1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Go watch the clip of the walkoff he hit earlier this year where his shirt was ripped off... same hesitancy to try and prevent them ripping it off... no buzzer system underneath however. Maybe he just doesn't like having his damn shirt ripped off. Its not like he's hit tons of walkoffs in his career. And in the end, the investigation had no reason to ignore any "buzzer" implications, and I doubt they include the statement of no wrong-doing in 2019 if they were still skeptical.

The only doubts about Mark McGwire's Andro was that media members were too dumb to realize that andro is a precursor hormone to testosterone (which is basically what all steroids are). Yes, at the time it was over the counter.

Also, I hope this team gets hate regardless on the road. They've all been much better on the road.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Probably because a ton of pitchers were also taking steroids at the time...

4. CinematicFusion

No it’s not. Altuve or anyone wasn’t wearing a wire.
    Abuse across the league... information is coming.
    Disgusted with the Astros for continuing in 17 playoffs but that is over now and they didn’t cheat in 18/19 playoffs per report.

They stopped and in 19 embarrassed the Yankees in game 7.... a legit series and lost in game 7 to a great nationals team.

Look everyone know teams like Yankees, Dodgers... along with Astros/Sox used tech to steal signs. 3 to 4 others also with Indians, Rangers, Cubs being discussed.

let’s see where it all goes from here and who cheated the system between 2014-2018

look teams move on. Yankee titles are tainted in 98,99,00,09 for steroid abuse in that clubhouse during that 10 year stretch. Yankees have moved on... but yes, people will always see those chips tainted by a huge PED cheating scandal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1145 J.R., Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    RayRay10, mikol13 and everyday eddie like this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Does it even matter anymore? They aren't going to do anything to the players. People can have all the conspiracy theories they want, the damage has been done.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LOL

It's gonna be a long year.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

FIFY

htwnbandit and everyday eddie like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You would think actual employed, trained, credentialed reporters would be a helluva lot better than to publicize/run with a twitter-created rumor... but so is the 2020's I guess.

You can sense the disappointment in Sherman's subsequent tweets that it seems there just isn't much validity to any of this...

RayRay10 and everyday eddie like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well... so far (media, former players, fans) have just been pouncing on the managerial and front office heads... once they start questioning these individual players' and accusing them of cheating by name, those players are certainly going to come out fighting (and what I hope... come out swinging).

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

All these players coming out with their holier-than-thou act can get ****ed. It's a bunch of hypocritical nonsense to sit there and say the World Series was invalid (like Bellinger and Sabathia said). Hey C.C., since you were on that 2009 Yankees team that had like 4 guys implicated in the steroids stuff, you ready to give your ring back too?? No?? Then shut your big ass up.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not to mention that MLB's gag order against teams speaking out should certainly be filtered down to the players... if said players are still employees of a team.

BigM likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The league clearly wants everybody to shut the f**k up for the leagues own good.

They didn't want to investigate the Astros, their hand was forced once the story broke. If the story continues on like this they will eventually have their hand forced to investigate something beyond Astros and former Astros, which they sure as hell don't really want to do.

Yankee and Dodger people are gonna keep running their mouths, and they're gonna regret it as more and more journalists see an opportunity for a big story.

RayRay10 and mikol13 like this.
  14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Right. I just mean they can post all the videos they want and raise a big stink, but at the end of the day there isn't anymore punishment coming.

15. DVauthrin

The Astros did a really poor job of stealing signs against Alex Wood in game 4 of the 2017 World Series at Minute Maid Park. He no hit the Astros for 5 2/3 innings until Springer homered.

16. Carter Le Grand

Give back the trophy? LOL I don't think so. That don't happen in pro sports. You gonna make the winning bettors return the money to Vegas? But I can understand the fat man going all sour grapes. Cheaters don't like to be out-cheated

17. Carter Le Grand

Sorry, that's moot. Knowing what's coming and hitting it are two different things. It's like saying "yes, I poisoned him, but he didn't die...no harm no foul!"

18. DVauthrin

Wow. You mean just because I know what pitch might be coming doesn’t mean I’ll crush it? I would’ve never guessed. :rolleyes:

The point of my comment was exactly that, and everyone claiming the Astros are only a really good team and have really good hitters because of sign stealing are misguided idiots.

#1158 DVauthrin, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know. I personally think Rob Manfred completely screwed the pooch on this, and let it snowball way bigger than it ever should have. When you have media AND fans unironically calling it the biggest scandal since the Black Sox, I'd say you let your ability to spin control fail you as a Commish.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

This is only just the beggining. **** is gettin crazy yo! Damn!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.