1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So since CP has been back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, Feb 1, 2019.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Who deserves blame, and what is the issue?

Instead of judging people who vent frustration here, take some responsibility for your accusations and put your position out here for critique.

PWR likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I have plenty of times but here:

The defense is the issue and its people who cant switch properly who are the issue as well as the rebouning. Faried alot, sometimes Gordon, Green alot, Ennis alot, Harden sometimes. Its a team defensive issue so its hard to pin point one thing. But the main two problems are perimeter defense and rebounding. And its not CP's fault. He always knows where to be on defense. The only people who are good defenders on this squard are Tucker, Paul and Nene, Gordon sometimes. The offense has never been the problem most of the time.

This post explains way better than me though.

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rockets really struggle in low post with capaela out.

The rockets struggle defending the high post too :( There were times jokic padded his assist stats last night passing to the wing and then shielding defenders with body shield which is something Draymond Greene does with curry.

Then a couple of times jokic drove out of the high post for a bucket with like 5 or 6 dribbles against far"weed".

Jokic was looking embiid and D cousins out there !

Give cp3 credit for a steal he got where cp3 stole the ball and got out on a fast break to land a "and 1" opportunity for three point play old fashion way!

HP3 likes this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right?! Capela’s defense and offense inside is critical to our success. He takes so much pressure of Harden... our matchups suck inside without him. CP3 will figure it out. He needs to get that assist up to 10/gm.

HP3 likes this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was also scoring 50 a game, and he’s only put up 30 in the last two so.... couldn’t sustain that type of play regardless.

6. riko

riko Member

Whilst Paul is not the main problem, he is a big problem right now. The second half as I mentioned earlier is encouraging but to pertend he is not a big problem is burying your head in the sand. He was supposed to be Hardens help but in all likely hood he will continue to decline and as a result it puts more pressure on Harden.

Given all the factors of him slowing down, injuries and the wear and tear he just can’t be a reliable second option anymore.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can you explain in more detail why you think he is a big problem? He's shooting efficiently, he's making plays, he's not turning the ball over, he's getting steals. Is it just the volume that you have an issue with, just not enough of all that stuff? He's been playing low minutes, so when those increase, all his other numbers will increase as well. Or do you have issues with his defense? I'm just not really sure what everyone on here has a problem with.

RocketRed4life and HP3 like this.
  8. riko

riko Member

He has slowd down

Dude is a walking injury

He can’t be relied to play heavy minutes anymore

He can’t be relied on to be the second option

He is still a great player ( top 15 player)and I certainly don’t agree he is some backup scrub like Jeremy Lin, but due to some of the reasons I mentioned I believe he can’t be relied on anymore to be the co franchise player like James. He should be relegated to the third option but because of the lack of a good second option we are stuck . My issue is not his salary but more so those other factors

BigShasta likes this.
  9. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

This thread again? Oh lawd.....

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

The coach has said, give him good defensive players and he'll give you a good defensive team.

We definitely lost some in FA and in injuries. But even with everyone healthy this season, we weren't good defensively.

So, I have to believe the former. We lost key FAs and we need to pick up versatile defenders who can hit 3s to replace who we lost, but the kind of players we have and the kind of cap space we have (none) there is almost 0 chance of this happening.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

CP3 had big play after big play.

First, he scored our first second half bucket after harden missed two threes and Tucker had missed that corner 3 he always takes.
    CP3 got to his little free throw line jumper for the first bucket of second half.

Then he drove in on a big after the rockets reversed ball to the weak side for a quick duece.

He went coast to coast for a three point play after a steal.

CP3 nailed a three out of that double high post set that he has ran that same set since he was a clipper in LA with Blake Griffin and Jordan!

12. riko

riko Member

He looked ok for a short period of time which is good but it still doesn’t negate the fact the guy is not what he used to be.He has slowed down, is injury prone and can’t be relied on anymore. Example out tonight.

13. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

AND, he wore himself out....he's out for tonight's game!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

never thought i would ever come close to seeing a contract worse than andersons

#114 Stepback3GOOD, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    hibbetts likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

His play making doesn't hurt you.

Now granted cp3 has never been great after a team is playing from behind, I won't deny that.

At the end of the day, cp3 had more rebounds than Ennis. He is smart not to force it and just allow Austin rivers to play himself out of the rotation. Rivers air balled a three pointer last night!

16. HP3

HP3 Member

we still h ave our frps, talk to me after the deadline.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That contract with his age and health is and will continue to cripple this team.

Cant even use the excuse that we can save him for playoffs because that's when he is pretty much guaranteed to pick an injury anyways, as history has shown.

At some point Morey will have to ask himself if he is willing sacrifice Harden's prime over this.

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden can't do the scoring by himself especially against teams like nuggets or warriors. Granted harden hit 6 three's last night but that was a blow out game!

A two man game with cp3 and far"weed" might be steps in right direction!

19. threepointshot3

Curry
    Irvin
    Kemba
    Simmons
    Westbrook

Then there is Conley, Lowry and Holiday in New Orleans I would take over him

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

truth is cp3 should be on a role players salary right now

Stormy1234 likes this.