1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So proud of this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, May 19, 2015.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

I like Nick Johnson Shake hand with Curry pregame. So Proud of our classic move.

2. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

It's important not to lose track of how proud we all were of this team after beating LA. No matter if we win or lose this series, this season has promised incredible things for the next.

(Rockets in 7 though)

3. roidrage

roidrage Member

I proud of this team no matter what happens we are in the western conference against the best team in the nba..that being said please get Aldridge

4. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Indeed, very proud!! How people find reason to be angry with McHale is unnecessary and Mark Jackson applauded him, because he said teams like to have faith of a coach to withstand a run like that by themselves and teams learn from this. He was indeed ready to call a time-out, but showed he trusted our guys so while I thought we also needed one badly, I trust a coach's opinion over anyone's.

5. arubato

arubato Member

Everything went their way tonight. Terry missing, Dwight injury, Jones playing ****, Livingston career night and yet we lost by 4.

Terry will hit those shots next time, Dwight will play in game 2, Jones won't play worse than this game, and Livingston can't duplicate what he did in this game.

We can do this!

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man, we fought hard. And the 4 losses against them were disheartening. I really think we can beat them. I'm praying.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Multiple drives in second quarter where Harden was hacked turned to Warrior fast breaks that led to 3's and layups.

Those are 4-5 point swings.

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

This is clutch city v 2.0 book it
    hopefully Howard is ok and we steal game 2 and get the series in 7 games

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Way to go, guys. Making Houston proud. Golden State had its runs, but we never lost our composure.

We might not win it all this year, but this playoff run is the type that often creates the "Heart of a Champion".

10. Mashing

Mashing Member

A couple blown defensive assignments cost us. Other than that I thought we played well enough to win. They really have no answer for Harden besides doubling him.

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm so proud of this team. Lack of defensive presence in 2nd half and Curry's brilliance sadly cost us a very winnable game. I'm just glad Rockets showed a lot of fight. It was funny to see how stunned GSW and their crowd was in first half. Did they think Rockets would roll over and die?

This team has grown so much during these playoffs right before our eyes. I think it's this kind of experience that makes teams better equipped to deal with playoff adversity. Even if they lose the series against GSW, they will come back next year stronger than ever.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

we dont need aldridge

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WE should definitely wait till the end of the playoffs with being proud of our team

Now is the time to fight through no matter the outcome

14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I don't understand how Capela can disappoint you. The kid just turned 21 about two days ago and was playing in Europe a year ago. He's doing what he can and plays hard.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes there is a lot positive to take from this game. The Rockets showed heart and kept in it when in earlier times they might've just folded. The Rockets outside of Harden and Ariza didn't play their best but were close. If just a few more things go the other way we win that game.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

And Curry went off in this game and they only won by 4. Career game by Livingston. What happens when Curry goes cold and their role players inevitably struggle more on the road?

17. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I'm proud of this team, proud to be a Houston Rockets fan. But I'm not satisfied. I'm greedy. I want more. I will not be content with a give-it-your-all effort and loss in this series. And after watching game 1, I am positive the team feels this way, too. This, in my opinion, is the de facto NBA championship. I want the Rockets standing when the dust settles.

skip bayless can suck it.

18. tnopham

tnopham Member

So glad everyone feels the same way I do after last night's game.

If Terry's shots fall like they normally do, couple of easy layups at the basket go in, or we had Dwight for another qtr completely different outcome. Let's hope we get the next one.

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah, but Thompson and Barnes/Iggy can play better. David Lee will have some decent stretches. Barbosa as well.

We can destroy them inside, though Howard is likely out (hoping not!). That's where we need to be.. feasting down low, they have no answer.

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I LOVE THIS SQUAD.

Like James said though, "it's just one game".