1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So proud of this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, May 19, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Great OP, made a lot of mistakes tonight and we battled through some adversity. we can totally take game 2 and head to Houston tied 1-1

Believe

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They had a lot of fight in them. Very proud. Harden finally stepped up like a supterstar and refused to lie down and die.

I don't want to complain about the refs. We lost because we made some costly mistakes on both ends. And I wished they played Capela instead of Jones down the stretch.

Golden State is not going to let you beat them if you don't play a perfect game.

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You took the words out of my mouth.

I'm proud of this team.

Go ROCKETS!

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They are ranked #1 in defense.

6. Cypress

Cypress Member

Pretty much the lost was on the team.

7. newAge_Rockets

It hurts so much to lose a game this close, but damn they played hard. Harden and Ariza were absolutely great! Even disregarding their great shooting, James and Trevor flew into the paint and on the ground in an effort to help us win. Let's get back at it Thursday, fellas.

GO ROCKETS!

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm very proud too. Hurts that this was probably our best shot at stealing a game in Oracle, but I'm proud. We'll see what happens.

9. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I'm so proud of this team. They continue to play hard and show a lot of heart!

No shame in losing by 4pts on the road were a 67 win team has only lost 3 times.

We have three more chances to beat them in Oracle.

Rockets in 7! Believe!

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Echo everyone here. I'm not down after this game. I'm encouraged. We can beat them.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I meant that G S does not win this game without the Ref help.
    G S as great as folx make them out to be
    they are not invincible

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  12. Man

Man Contributing Member

Ariza man! We need to continue to contest and challenge shots defensively.. and just pound it inside.. they have no answer. Speights coming back will help them.

Want to let Iggy and Barnes take as much as possible. Let Green be stuck with the ball. Give Bogut some contested shots.

No excuse to leave Curry open, though how many push-offs, moving picks, etc. were there?

13. hoopball

hoopball Member

We even lost one game to the Paul-less Clippers. Losing to GS at their home court with Dwight hobbled is no shame and we can bounce back. Even though we lost the game, I am not very upset with the team at all. They made some stupid mistakes down the stretch, but overall they fought well.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

this is the first loss for us in the playoffs this year where i haven't been mad after the game.

i'm just glad we played with heart and harden actually played real basketball for once instead of trying to play for fouls.

we didn't give up and roll over. we played hard until the final buzzer.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Just saw Howard be interviewed...he wasn't smiling at all...looked pissed off but sounds like it's only a bruise...said hopefully by morning they'll know more but doesn't sound like a "series" threatening injury which is a good sign...was just bad enuf to keep him out the game tho and hopefully will be back for game 2. I saw Harden talk after the game also...these boyz look pissed off...I see a lotta fight left in them..confidence

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Happy we made it a very close game, but it was such a tease since I think we should've won.

That said, I don't think we have to worry about those 30 point road losses and quitting performances anymore. We learned a lot vs the Clippers

17. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I felt the exact same way... Normally I am yelling at the TV and ready to break something but this time I was quiet. I was quiet because our team played their hearts out. Yes TJones could have rebounded better and made a few more layups. Yes Smoove had some costly turnovers, but even with all that we were still in this game even down "3" starters.

Harden played his heart out

Ariza is light years ahead of Parsons in terms of what our team needs

Capela makes me smile just watching his heart and effort at his very young age

Like the OP said win or lose as long as we fight like we did tonight I will be happy!

Package Jones and our Pick for Suns pick and draft Devon Booker

with our 2nd round pick draft Andrew Harrison

Trade Nick Johnson and PAPA for future draft picks and use cash to keep Brewer and Smith

Howard/Capela
    DMO/Smith
    Ariza/Brewer
    Harden/Booker
    Beverly/Harrison

When Healthy our squad is good enough

18. ibm

ibm Member

a very good game. good fight. ariza's steal + 3 is why he's my favorite rocket. and harden had his best game in a month - at the right time. we were just a bit unfortunate when dwight got injured. that, plus a some favoritism towards the home team by the refs, that's the ball game right there. but i am proud of my team tonight.

some reservations:
    coach mchale probably left dwight in there for a bit too long. he's hurt and wasnt very effective.
    tj missing a couple of key layups that could make a diff.
    terry's shots have been off. shoting can be an off and on kinda thing, but he's gotta hit his share of open shots.
    brewer gambles a bit too much on defense.

all in all, we had our chance. a little film session, some corrections to the mistakes, plus a bit luck, this is a winnable series. maybe another one going to game 7.

p.s. - diwght's injury may be a blessing in disguise. if he's able to play the remainder of the series, i'd like to see him be used mainly on the defensive end, setting screens and offensive rebounds etc. on the other end. if his injury forces mchale to take the post-up plays out of the game plan, the results may actually get better.

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

Terry gave up an open 3 that resulted in a turnover. Very uncharacteristic.

Capella is doing decently but we need someone to play big next to him. Has to be Smith.

I think we lose a lot if we don't have the above the rim opportunities with Dwight.

20. ibm

ibm Member

agreed.

was hoping b4 the game we would have a bombard of lobs for d12. sighs...