1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much hate the Rockets discussions as of late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Jul 25, 2014.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

You should make that as your sig. Oh, wait... ;)

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Success breeds expectations, and that hate is just a byproduct of heightened expectations.

It's really hard for people to keep a base line on tempering expectations. He got Harden, then he got Howard, so he was expected to get Bosh, so even though the process was the same, it seems as a failure, and then as is the nature of the internet, the naysayers use that as fuel for their justifications, so they backtrack to link the process and the outcome. Then you add in that most people are simply looking for information to confirm their own prejudices (which is why for example, Fox News exists), it just rolls from there.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

The first round exit when 99% of this board thought Hou was getting to next round has gotten people anxious.

People want to results with the hieghtened expectations and so far the end result is the same. Also people realize Howard can leave in 2016 if nothing changes and then the Rockets are back 2 square one .

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree with this. And I believe there should be backlash to expectations not being met, even if it is unfair. That is a natural occurrence. What I do not agree with, however, is a lot of those who feel slighted (who happen to be good posters) backing up less well reasoned posts (to put it lightly) just because they are of similar viewpoints.

Which actually brings upon this point -

There should not be a blanket cover up to ignore everything you disagree with. And actually, I would say this probably contributes to the ability of posts that are not well reasoned to flourish. If someone says something like "Les Alexander is a cheap owner" (only Bima has been pointing out the ludicrous nature of this viewpoint) or "no one in the NBA wanted Dwight Howard on their team except the Rockets last year" I believe that post should be called out rather than ignored.

5. okeezie

okeezie Member

Since you have it all figured out don't watch the season.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What works for you works for you. IMO, there are some people here who have gone troll status in that they post the same criticism over and over and over again, regardless of the topic. It makes my browsing experience much more pleasant to just put those folks on ignore and keep it moving. YMMV, obviously.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is personal favorite thread. This is so true. It's because it's emotionally easier to have lower standards than put yourself out there and be disappointed. If you express any sort of optimism on here you are a homer.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So a bunch of guys who spent last year in Europe or the D League are going to all the sudden be better than ..... yeah , sure.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I blame ESPNDallas and the propaganda machine, for convincing some of us to hate ourselves.

10. okeezie

okeezie Member

Harden, Howard, and Morey are not going anywhere anytime soon. Harden is coming off All NBA 3rd Team and 1st Team in his 2 years here. This is his team for the next 7-8 years. So do we really have to listen to your b****ing for another 7-8 years? I suggest you find another team. Nobody said Harden or Dwight had to date your daughter. Nobody said you had to want to have a beer with them or go fishing with them. They are basketball players and are the best at their positions in the world. Nobody gives a damn whether you like their personality or not and they are not here to be politically correct. If your sensitive asses don't like watching them play then turn the damn TV off and don't watch. You are not obligated to spend money or time on something you can't stand. I was stuck watching Kevin Martin and Scola lead us to nowhere for years so I will enjoy watching 2 of the top 10 basketball players in the world play for my team.

11. okeezie

okeezie Member

What an idiot! Nobody said they were better in a vacuum. I said they address our weaknesses and fit better with what we need to advance. A team full of players who don't play defense and turn the ball over too much is bad for business. This describes Lin and Parsons. If you like them so much go root for the Lakers and Mavs.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There is some amount (not sure to what degree) of empirical evidence set by past precedent of seemingly "unknown" role players vastly outperforming expectations under Morey's tenure that would indicate this is not as much of a stretch as you think. Off the top of my head, there has been at least one or two break-out performances a year by an unheralded player on the Rockets between 08-14. I think Morey is right that the successful team is that which is consistently able to find the Chandler Parsons type players.

Those Europeans and D-League standouts, at the very least have the same credentials that Lin and Parsons did when starting out for the Rockets. They are late drafted or undrafted players who have performed well since that time. The major difference is the name recognition between Jeremy Lin/Chandler Parsons and Joey Dorsey/Jeff Adrien/Troy Daniels (including him because his role will be much bigger this year).

#92 DudeWah, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

do I serve cheese to your whine, op?
    everyone easily gets offended these days

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Agree 100%. Negativity is contagious and spreads. Others complain so it makes it ok for everyone to complain. Being a team fan is a ride, going thru ups and down. Its a journey which makes all that much better when you get there. The team is still evolving, sit back and enjoy. We might get there or we might not, nothing is guaranteed. Mostly I don't enjoy this site, but I do come every day????? Enjoy the ride.

15. cbk41

cbk41 Member

This guy explains a lot about nature.

[​IMG]

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you are really against negativity, you should find something positive about the negativity, no?

At the end of the day, it's not whether it's negative or positive. It's whether you agree with the posts or not. You feel annoyed not because they are negative but because they don't agree with you.

TBH, the only complaint I have with CF.net is that there are rampant double standards on a lot of things. People point fingers at other people when they are guilty of the exact same things (just in different manner) themselves.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

It's turning into Clutchhaters.net. These people can't possibly be fans. Not if you want a the best player in the league at his position jettisoned for pennies on the dollar.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

chris parsons is his bro? I call it fake

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I actually agree with almost all of this and it's exactly what I said in my response to your post.

20. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

For me this off season has been a huge disappointment. I felt like we had a pretty good team last season and fully expected us to get even better. I'm glad we entered FA with vigor and as a contender for some of the big names. However, when we lost out on Melo, and shifted attention to Bosh, I thought our GM really screwed up.

Lets start with the CP deal. If you're a GM and was told you can have CP as a rental for a season along with his Bird rights for under 1 million; how many GM would say no? But that is exactly what Morey did!!! There was no fear of him pulling an Asik because he was playing for his next big contract. So essentially you'll get the best CP for the least amount possible. I for one did not think we should have matched, but that should have never came into play in the first place.

Lin was due 15 million, and I think even the biggest Lin fan would say that is overpriced for him. But we could have traded him before the trade deadline and many teams would be open to pick up that contract at 7.5 million. Instead we shipped him out with no back up PG to speak off. Send our 1st and 2nd round pick along with him in the name of flexibility.

Asik deal was decent as we got a 1st rounder back for a guy that doesn't want to be here.

All in all, as a fan I'm highly frustrated. I regarded Morey as a smart GM but this off season has really challenged that thinking. Yes some of us are being negative and vocal about it, but that doesn't make us any less of a fan than you. Just tired of buying Jerseys and tickets and get treated like another dumb fan ATM machine.