1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much hate the Rockets discussions as of late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Because everyone is impatient

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I live in Germany therefore i have to be a Nazi.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yes, thinking that Dwight Howard, who has been an outstanding citizen and player since coming to Houston is not a terrible character guy is definitely homerism. :rolleyes:

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

At the end of the year there is only one winner and everyone else is left complaining or thinking about what could have been.

This year is kinda different for the Rockets - they missed out on what could have been , being the odds on favorite had they signed Bosh & retained Parsons. There has to be some disappointment from being so close to being the odds on favorite to win it all.

In missing out on both those players they also lost three key contributors to last years rotation .... for flexibility and Flexibility never scored a basket in the NBA.

To this point, what has replaced two of those three players is ..... unproven to say the least. Until one or more of those players proves he belongs or Morey adds another player (entirely likely - the question is when) there will be .... complaining.

Morey going after those big names was a calculated risk .... I'd rather the GM take those risks in hopes of them paying off than being ..... The Clippers of the past two decades.

But you have to expect some criticism when you don't get done what you set out to do .... and when you make a mistake or two in the process.

Moving Lin at the expense of a pick prior to Bosh committing is one in my opinion.
    Probably have to say making Parsons an RFA was another when you could have had him for another season for a pittance and if nothing else gotten some value in trade for him rather than what went down - losing him to an in division rival .... for nothing.

Then there are those who would have kept the roster mostly intact , adding a couple key contributors to the bench - a wing defender , a shooter and a post defender and sent them to war. I cant say this option is unreasonable but I realize that Morey couldn't go after the superstars and these players at the same time. It was one or the other .....

There are plenty of topics for criticism this offseason and .....Hindsight is always 20-20. But looking back , its still a bit fuzzy.

1 person likes this.
  5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I would say its Houston sports in general...its tiring to see disappointments all the way around.

That being said, I'm always rooting for them.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why do the Rockets act in such a dislikable fashion?

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not sure that they do. What would you say the general consensus in the GARM is on that matter?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats pretty stupid that people think like that about Dwight but breh don't try corralling us into 1 person.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

They're the same people who hated on Jeremy Lin when he was a Rocket and the fans that he brought to the team.

10. Remii

Remii Member

If it wasn't for these threads... You would never know.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, you made a sweeping statement right at the beginning that "What is sad, though, is that there is hardly anyone sticking up for our own team."

"Sticking up for our own team" is homerism in my book.

Oh, and "hardly anyone" is a gross exaggeration. Nice try.

BTW, Parsons' brothers are sticking up for their bro. It's a good thing too. Why do we hate them so much?

12. okeezie

okeezie Member

Then dislike them and go away!

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Chris Parsons" is not Chandler Parsons' brother. Chris Parsons does not even exist. He is a ghost. You'll never find him.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Actually, on the "08-09 Rockets teams" and "Dwight Howard is a terrible character guy" topics there have been only a handful of posts providing facts that the hate is simply off base.

So I guess it was a nice try. :)

I'm getting this vibe from your post indicating that you think homerism is a bad thing. I disagree.

You hate on Parsons' brothers so much because their opinion is different from yours. You also hate on them because given the set of circumstances and facts, their opinion is likely wrong. When you factor those two things together their comments become annoying. Not that different from the recent surge of negativity on Clutchfans.

15. instantno0o0dle

The super depressing thing about the Rockets has always been about potential. None of our teams ever seem to reach it. I've been a fan since we've had Steve Francis, Mobley, and Yao and we always seem to come up short in the most painful way possible. We always seem to fail even when we are favorites like when we played the Jazz or against the Blazers. It really looked like we might be turning a page with Bosh coming and to have him change his mind at the last second was pretty crushing.

16. instantno0o0dle

Having said that, when the season starts I'm 100% in on this team and will root for them no matter what.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

Bosh was the only thing we missed out on. Lin, Asik, and Parsons contributed to losing in the 1st round. How are they such a massive loss? Harden and Howard can lose in the 1st round with a college all star team. So why not let them go and try to improve on your weaknesses? Fans are too concerned about replacing this player for that player instead of focusing on the Rockets improving their weaknesses. Namely defense, outside shooting, rebounding, toughness, and turnovers. These will be improved this year and I could care less who is on the court that provides this. Between Ariza, Gee, Dorsey, Capela, Daniels, Covington, Adrien, D mo, Johnson, and Canaan somebody will step forward and these things will be improved.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I only dislike Harden and McHale. Free agency didn't go as planned, but Morey did his best considering everything. Bosh likes MIA and Parsons isn't worth his contract. Dwight was a pleasant surprise improving his offensive game and stepping up in the playoffs. Rockets probably take a step back next year, but will likely make the postseason barring major injuries. Our best chance at improvement is Nick Johnson's impact. I have little faith Harden improves his defense or postseason play.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The ignore function is handy. ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets "fans" started their delusion by cheering for SA and acting like they aren't a rival.

1 person likes this.