1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So if poor people aren't being hurt by the president's policies then why...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 25, 2013.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I'm everywhere man, in a little over a year i'm adding another 35 store contract. Don't bother using a few on washington street either...

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I too am a Rice MBA. 2008. What year are you?

Is today opposite day?

3. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I was 2012, my sister also was a baker college resident at the time

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Please educate yourself on Texas' proposal. It did not pass, but it was very different from Florida's.

Florida's failures are not Texas'.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What kind of margins do you get on ATMs?

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama has declared an all our war on poor people in this country.

He's outsourced his handling of the economy to the Fed, who is pumping huge amounts of money into the system, which has the effect of raising the price of commodities (oil, gasoline, food, etc), which disproportionally impacts the poor and middle class. Obama would rather do it that way than roll up his sleeves and really try to work with congress.

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

The margins are enormous. You get the fee you set, the interchange fee you don't get but it is charged to the end user. All my machines have a set $200 withdrawal, if you need $400 it's 2 transaction. I charge $2.50 at gas stations and $5-7 in the bars I'm at. So well over 1% per transaction.

8. Major

Major Member

I see eddiewinslow has run away from the massive failure of his attempted point in this thread.

9. da1

da1 Member

Republicans are the ones cutting funding to social security, medicare, food stamps, and trying to eliminate obamacare. Basically anything that helps the poor they are giving a huge F U. But hey you're using REASON and LOGIC right?

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

yes bc the poor need to work and make it on their own. If one job isn't enough, then get a second. It didn't kill my dad and his brother to work two jobs when they came as indian kids. They didn't have food stamps and all the other fluff poor people have today like free cell phones

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

who is getting free cell phones?

12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

are you denying the obamaphone program?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Are you going to address the fact that the story that you drew your rambling conclusion from isn't even true?

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You are either a troll or ignorant. Eddie, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

o so that was a lie about the reporter being offered 3 free phones???

Confession You're Paying My Phone Bill

17. Major

Major Member

I really keep thinking you can't get any dumber and yet you keep proving me wrong. Well done.

It's like you relish being ignorant and trying to believe every possible false thing you hear.

18. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

look as I said I don't really care what becomes of the lower class, I've already written them off as dead weight, so has most of society who just ignores their ability to overcome as a whole. The issue is now, their healthcare is getting in the way of our personal budgets and it's upsetting.

So I like to discuss the lower class and why we even bother trying to help them. I think we should raise taxes on the poor and give to the rich so they can open more businesses to create more jobs if you ask me, 47% pay nothing, my god imagine if we tax them and give tax breaks to the rich.

Or why can't we subsidize my parents food too, just because they have money they can't get free food too? They pay plenty in taxes, help us too!

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a lie that Obama has anything to do with it and its a lie that it's paid for by the government. It's true that you're a moron though.

1 person likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member

What part of this statement was too difficult for you to understand?

Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.