1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So... How''s about a Presidential thread?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AntiSonic, Mar 16, 2000.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Gore vs. Bush: Who do you want as the leader of the capitalist empire and why?

------------------
    "I just whooped $haq's ass."
    -Barkley 3:16

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Gore for various reasons.

But basically he's the lesser of two evils. This country would have been well-served if it had been a McCain-Bradley race. Unfortunately, the money won out.

(Kagy...I love you man! [​IMG] )

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Bush is going to win ... Its all corrupt.

Why would McCain say something as stupid as he did about the Christian Coalition thing when he was up there with Bush?

------------------

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I walk into the local school to vote and I see three elderly people at a table. They ask me if I'm a Dem or a Rep, and I say Rep. This almost gives them each a heart attack. I vote McCain and fill out the rest of the ballot in 30 sec. As I walk out one elderly man says to me, "You be sure to vote everytime ya hear, We need youngsters like you." So I leave the school laughing. I know I need to take voting more seriously but I can't.

------------------

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I am a Texan. But everytime I look at Bush, it seems hes lying or hiding something. So, I am voting for Gore.

Although I don't think Clinton isn't the most moral guy(and who among us is anyway), the man did lead us to where we are and I think thats pretty damn good. Gore should stay. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

In Order:

1. None of the above...cuz they're all lying bastards.

2. Bush...cuz he might accidently do something in the interest of Texas...

3. Gore...the plastic man..?? I'd vote for Dennis Rodman before I voted for that jughead!

------------------

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Although I don't think Clinton isn't the most moral guy(and who among us is anyway),"

I'd like to think I am! Believe it or not, there are other moral people out there too!

------------------

8. TheFreak

Smokey -- LOL! Love your cynicism. I'm practically the same way. "This almost gives them each a heart attack" LOL! "So I leave the school laughing." I love it! I too find it hard to take something seriously when it's main objective is preying on ignorance and trying to fool the most people possible.

------------------

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

As a former political science major it is my educated opinion that both these guys suck. I'm not happy with either choice. I want Bill Bradley back in the race. I 'll probably vote for Gore unless he picks a bigger idiot than himself for VP.

------------------
    The truth is out there.

10. TheFreak

Mulder, as a political science major, I hope you weren't offended by my comments. No disrespect intended...I didn't intend to demean your field of study. I actually find politics quite entertaining.

------------------

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Moral? With a name like TheFreak? Hard to believe! [​IMG]

------------------

12. Mulder

TheFreak: No way am I offended! That you actually take an interest in this game we call politics is refreshing. Trust me, the more you know, the funnier it gets.

------------------
    The truth is out there.

13. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Almu, did you say Clinton led us were we are, which is pretty damn good.

The president who is Communist China's favourite boy. The man who recieved illegal campaign money fronm China's People Liberation army. Now why would they would do that, hmmm...?

Maybe they figured while Clinton was busy with his petty little acts such as playing with cigars and women, they could steal Nuclear technology that would have otherwise set them 20 years back. Then they could take control of the Panama Canal...which they have now! Now that Clinton is China's People Liberation Army's little project look for the Clinton administration to make corruptly sure that they enter the World Trade Organization which will allow them funds to build their Nationalistic Communist army that'll certainly and inevitably cause future confrotation.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited March 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited March 20, 2000).]

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

To borrow a phrase from Kagy...ignorance, shear unadulterated ignorance.

This is why I repeat rumors I hear about Bush. I've grown sick and tired of listening to crap like this for the past 7 years.

I guess I'm better off I don't believe everything Rush Limbaugh tells me. Where are you posting from, Montana?

I bet if I called Reagan a bumbling idiot while he was in office, you'd have tried to get me arrested. Even though he armed the Contras in Iran. Or did he? Or did his staff do it behind his back? Which is worse?

I bet if anyone suggests that Bush did coke, or used his Dad's connections to avoid real service, sold part of his company for an unreal price to ensure that Baker would be named secretary of state, you'd call them idiots.

I normally don't listen to that stuff either, but I've grown sick and tired of hearing this ultra conservative propaganda bullsh!t and not say anything about it. Like that idiot NRA vice-president LaPierre. How could anyone believe what he said? That borders on the slanderous if you ask me. But if you said that about Charlton Heston, you'd be tarred and feathered.

Anyway. Clinton's the enemy, we'll all be Chinese slaves in a few years because of him, and I guess you'll get the last word then, huh?

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

15. Mulder

Why is that the weaker the point, the louder or more inflammatory the language?

------------------
    The truth is out there.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't get what you're saying Mulder. My point is that anyone can rehash crap (like the Reagan bumbling idiot, Bush coke snorting, etc.). I've just gotten sick of hearing it for 7 years, and hearing that I'm a horrible person for supporting Clinton/Gore, so I try to show Bush supporters what it has felt like (I guess I'm just assuming that ROCKETBOOSTER is a Bush supporter, and you know what they say when you make an assumption...you make an ass out of yourself and umption [​IMG] ).

I meant to add to my post that I don't feel that way about Reagan. While I disagree with him on his policies and politics, he was an effective President for the same reason Clinton is...most of the country believed in him. While Democrats and Republicans can spout off rumors and other things to belittle both Presidents, they were both good Presidents in this sense.

Like my previous political posts, I add things that I probably shouldn't, and wouldn't had it not been for the abuse I've taken from classmates, various people in the media, and even friends and family members because of my support of Clinton. Like when I said I'd vote for Satan over Bush. In no way would I do that, that's just what I've heard about Clinton...even that he is Satan himself. So I guess this has just been a way to release all the frustrations that have built up.

The best way to avoid this, I guess, would be to avoid reading these posts that discuss politics. However, like some of you, are so fascinated with politics, from local to international, that I just can't!

------------------

I didn't think so!

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited March 20, 2000).]

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

On the China issue; we only beat the Soviet Union because their economy completely collapsed. China's economy is far from being the bankrupt burnout that their's was and allowing them to shave twenty years off of a potential arms race sure doesn't help us much if the situation were to arise.

...Meanwhile, Mr. Clinton is talking over the phone with Boris freaking Yeltsin while recieving oral sex from Monica(yes, Reagan did have that one slip-up with the bombing comment but he thought the mic was off)...

On ignorance; correct me if I'm wrong(PLEASE!!!) but didn't Gore point at a bust of George Washington at Monticello a few years back and ask who it was?

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I did not say that Clinton was perfect. You can point to many of his flaws like China, money or Monica. Look at the whole picture. I am definitely better off than I was 7 years ago. The man came in with a plan, and completed most of it. Just with the elimination of the national debt, what he did with welfare and hiring cops that help lower the crime rate to the lowest in 30 years across the board, he should get credit. If Reagan(who I liked) is credited with ending the cold war, why can't Clinton be credited with jumpstarting the economy and lowering crime? This country is in much better position and stronger than 7 years ago, in my opinion. If Bush says something that I like when I watch the debates, then I will vote for him. If not, then I vote for Gore. If they are both full of ****, I vote for myself!!

As a matter of fact, Clinton sucks!! Look at the gas prices up here in NYC!! Two dollars for unleaded? Damn!

------------------

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

...And Quayle spelled potato wrong, etc., etc. All Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Leaders make dumb mistakes like that. So I guess if Clinton made various disparaging comments about Asian-Americans, it would be OK if he thought the mic was off?

On the China thing, we have no evidence of wrongdoing yet. The guy from New Mexico, they have him locked up for the same thing that the head of the CIA (not sure if now, or earlier) as admitted to doing. Maybe something will come up, maybe something won't.

Just like Whitewater...nothing came up.

Just like Filegate...nothing came up.

As for the on-the-phone with Boris Yeltsen. It's Boris now? I've heard everyone from his wife, his daughter, various congressmen, now it's Boris Yeltsin.

Whatever.

------------------

I didn't think so!

20. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

When did I call you a horrible person? Why do you put put people in groups by labeling them? Such as "Bush supporters", "Rush Limbaugh listners"(Who the hell is he?), "Montana resident", ect...

About Reagen issues I wouldn't know, still too early in youth at the time. I've never been in a political debate but I don't understand why when I state clear facts you label me in to all these diffrent groups, which are completly bogus and just set up other insignificant arguments. Since when did these facts I stated become just crappy rumors? Please I'd like to know? Such as...

1) China is to take control of the Panama Canal. God man I'm young and I can see the consequences America will face by this.

2)The Clinton administration recieving campaign money from China. Why? Were talking about a Country who imprisones there citizens for doing meditation and practiced breathing.

3)China stealing top nuclear weapon technology. (Remember this is the country that partly financed Clinton's campaign.)

4)Who can deny Clinton had sexual relations with Monica lewinsky. This one isn't any of my buisnees, and It didn't bother me...

...But the others regarding National Defense are very disturbing. The Clinton Administration is largley responsible, is it not?

So I"m not a Republican, Democrat, Conservetive, or Rush limbugh listner, and I'm certainly not from Montana(live in Houston). I'm human being who believes in individual liberty and freedom. I feel it may be threatned by these past mishaps by the Clinton Administration, but I pray not.

P.S. Does anybody live here in Houston and notice all the chemtrails/Contrails in the skies? Whats up with that?

------------------