1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So happy for Kubiak and Phillips!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Jan 24, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

actually 2011 should have been the year for us but patriots get involved again, cutting fatty the week the bucs play us, then he signs with the bucs and breaks liz(s)franc or whatever that b****'s name is.

happy for those kids. kubiak had to be whacked after hitching himself to schaubie. Once 8 sank, it made everyone look bad and the writing was on the wall for the firings.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Peyton Manning is a qb Houston should have signed... that's the difference.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Yeah, happy for Kubes and Bum's kid. No ill will at all, and it's a shame it didn't work out here. And Peyton gets his shot at the John Elway ending.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

I will sleep like a baby tonight, all is right with the world.

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

why? if kubiak had all the power and he chose schaubie. Can't do anything about it. and at the time, you couldn't fault kubiak for doing so. he had a beastly D and zone running game. To me, it makes sense that smith and bob were the ones contacting manning, but kubes vetoed and vouched for schaubie, front office listened...2013 season happened and the F.O was embarrassed. hence why the firing was kind of classless. At least I thought so, It should have happened on black monday.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was trying to bench him in denver too.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd love to see them win and Peyton ride off into the sunset on top.

The Panthers will be tough to beat, though.

8. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Congrats Kubes, Phillips & other former players. Hope they win & Peyton goes out on top

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Fack the Broncos, their staff, and 8 SB appearances!!! If not us then fack 'em all!!!

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good year for me from unemployed to the Super Bowl!</p>&mdash; Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) <a href="https://twitter.com/sonofbum/status/691458656949268480">January 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Marteen

Marteen Member

Happy for him and Wade making it to the Super Bowl. I'm not sure if they'll win against that ridiculous Carolina team, but it's been a great year for them thus far.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

No one was saying this when they had Tebow as QB. Or even midway through this season when they couldn't figure out who was going to play QB. Or when they got beat at home by the Colts last year and two years earlier by the Ravens.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

:confused:

Not sure if you're serious or you're just trying to nitpick. All I know is the Broncos are on their way to another Super Bowl. Texans could only currently dream of having the success the Broncos have had over the years. You don't have that type of success without being ran well. Oh and by the way, the Broncos took a chance with Manning instead of keeping Tebow because they knew Tebow was not the answer even though he took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game. If the Texans were in a similar position, they probably would have kept Tebow over Manning.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

It just keeps rolling back around to Rick Smith but by no means does McNair get a pass, he's the Head Idiot in Charge.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kubiak is a good coach. Texans had that collapse year mainly because Schaub declined so much

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Broncos just picked Osweiller over Manning mid-season. If they got blown out by the Patriots or by the Steelers last week, we would be calling them a joke. My point is, it is easy to look like a genius when you are winning with Wade Philips and his #1 defense and going to the super bowl. The Bronc0s have had their share of head-scratching moves. If anything, this makes me feel worse about Schaub's (and to a lesser extent Mario's) injuries in the 2011 season. Defense wins championships. Wade knows defense.

17. TheresTheDagger

The Houston Broncos or if you prefer, the Denver Texans

They have our:

Former Head Coach
    Former Defensive Coordinator
    Former Tight End who caught both their TD passes
    A QB who wanted to come here before landing in Denver.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think Kubiak knows offense too. He had the Ravens playing pretty well last year if I remember correctly.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

how can a texans fan be happy with another team having success? by default that mean the texans didn't. blows my mind...

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Being happy is better than being sad.