1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So far - the series hasn't really begun.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NewYorker, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I really think we are gonna come out with purpose and intensity, especially with the home crowd behind us. I think (hope) that TMac is gonna come out firing and will have a big game (if he doesn't and repeats his game 4 effort level, he really will deserve the rep he currently has)

If we do that, then I think we will have proven that this team can rise to the challenge when their backs are almost against the wall.

If we don't, then we need some changes made b/c stepping up in the playoffs is what it's all about

Go Rox

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

exactly. you see, there's no need to be upset no matter what happens in game 5. Because even if we lose - we'll lose because these guys just don't have it. It won't be because of the refs or JVG or because of anything but we don't have it.

And if we win, well, then we know that we're capable of bouncing back, that our guys are learning and growing and becoming more a team.

Adversity is necessary to forge strength. Diamonds are made from enourmous pressure - these guys are facing that now - how they face it will show us a lot. That's why I am excited.

Think about it - as a fan, it's not just about winning or losing a game - we all want a contender - we all want to see this team become a contender. THis is where great players get made. These situations.

On Monday - we're going to find out if Tmac and Yao are very good players - or if they have greatness in them. 2 years ago they failed and they weren't ready.

What about now?

3. fredthered

fredthered Member

Days like tommorow are why we watch sports. Everything rests with this one game, legacies are to defined, hearts broken and dreams will be one step closer to fruition. Lets get it done.

I still believe

4. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Could be worse, we could be the Heat right now.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

how about stop going to yao and FORCE freakin tmac to take over? stop going the pick and roll and see what tmac has to give he first 5-6 mins of the game. if he's gonna keep passing, bench his punk ass.

but please, stop going to yao. i'm terrified at the strips and weak plays. unless he's in the paint, don't pass him the ball. you are NOT a guard yao. stop getting the ball 15-18 ft out. like JVG said, yao is an ORDINARY player if he's outside the paint.

6. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I am very confident Van Gundy will do a great motivational job and have these players ready to compete. T-Mac will play his best basketball and attck the rim without fear or mercy.

Lay it all on the line tomorow nite.

Go Rockets!!!

We will all be there!

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

I have a premonition that we will play good Game 5, we will defende well, our 3s will be very good and we will be ready. Of course we will win and T-Mac will find his shooting touch and he will have a very good game. GO ROCKETS! Let's make it happen!