1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, Did James Harden Win You Over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hoopball, May 20, 2015.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Deadspin posted something about Harden's game being loathsome yesterday. I'm not clicking on this bull article.

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yes, he 'won' me over but it also kinda begs the question "where were you earlier??" lol..but yeah, hopefully this superstar harden is here to stay

3. hoopball

hoopball Member

Exactly. Curry is a better shooter, no doubt, but he is not better than James Harden as an overall player. I even sometimes think Harden is a better point guard than him.

4. hoopball

hoopball Member

It wasn't as bad as you'd think. The writer was in general being complimentary towards Harden, while at the same time criticizing some of the aspects of his game.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

After the assist to Smith for the 3, he stopped, or rather the team decided to play team ball. I think the warr went on a 9-0 run as a result. If there was ever a time to go iso maniac, it was right there. He's already a super star. When he have that killer instinct, know he cannot be stop, and won't let down, he can become a legend. I hope to see legend Harden in this series.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You do realize we are in the WCF right?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Came here to post this. I was a huge Harden fan and believer the second news of the trade broke.

8. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Still not reading it. I generally like Deadspin, but they are a source for much of the negative narratives that people buy in to when it comes to James Harden.

9. SemisolidSnake

Deadspin wrote this? Can somebody check outside if see there are four horsemen on the horizon?

All humor(?) aside, Harden was balling at the end last night, and just needs to do that from the first minute of the game from now on. When your teammates can't score, make them set picks and box out defenders and then do it yourself. And if you have the option of going up against 5 defenders or dumping it it an open Terrence Jones, take to the rim, James.

And, James, if it won't hurt the game and you don't have many fouls, feel free to send Curry flying into Steve Ballmer's sweaty, disgusting armpits if he gets in front of you.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden posting up and dribbling in the paint for a midrange, omg. He's not a 1 trick pony anymore, layups and 3s. He's unleashing his potential for the first time.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What is this?

He never lost me

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the same dbag who wrote it was time for the Rockets to get the hell out of the playoffs after Game 4.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thanks for pointing this out

Consistancy is not at a premium these days
    Glad for this site and its members. . . . .

Rocket River

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The Rockets have been great this year. James Harden led this team to the western conference finals thus far so he has won me over but I'm hoping he can win us over tomorrow night by leading us to a game 2 win. We need that. This city needs another championship.