1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So-called President Trump's Phoenix Speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because Carmelo Anthony

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

He's an emotional cripple and it's pathetic. You're right, there was no other reason to do this. Is he trying to soften up Flake for a primary challenger? Does he think this will help his agenda? Nah. It's clear he just hates governing and misses campaigning. Makes him feel good. Trump is unwilling to admit that these audacious displays serve to divide the country - or he just doesn't care. Frankly, I'm demoralized.

I didn't watch the speech but I did catch the musical number he did in the middle:

Gotta laugh to keep from crying, I guess.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Actually you're wrong. Trump has to get his message out and not have it filtered by the biased left wing media. This is a good way to do it. It really seems to burn up the liberals when Trump gets his message out there unfiltered...

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, when he "gets it out there unfiltered" is when he shoots himself in the foot by spewing hateful, spiteful, divisive crap.

The real filter that matters is the filter of his speech writers. If he stuck to saying what they wrote for hm, like he did at the American Legion convention, he wouldn't be quite so hated by all the elected members of his own party in the legislative branch.

Trump needs more filters, not less.

As any 12 year old girl knows, it's very satisfying to talk s**t about your friends behind their backs. But generally speaking, as they pass through puberty, they learn that it can have consrquences.

RocketWalta and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. conquistador#11

Can someone explain the Fake News and the unfairness to Trump? I was in a U.S political coma from Jan 2009 - November 2016.
    Reading one of the many ladies that have become my favorite twitter reads, Maggie, from the "failing" New york times, She gets a ton of shade and hate thrown at her for covering Hilary's scandal during the campaign and not focusing on Trump.

Ana Navarro, strong catholic beliefs and Republican gets despicable remarks for criticizing Trump's behavior. If you can't question the government, a government by the people for the people, not for trump.. then the founding fathers have failed.

Any immigrant that is in the U.S and has lived through it, knows exactly what Trump is doing.
    Discrediting the press is one of the two most important steps to a dark path..

#105 conquistador#11, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

7. Buck Turgidson

More filters!

It’s a quiet effort to make Trump conform to White House decision-making norms he’s flouted without making him feel shackled or out of the loop. In a conference call last week, Kelly initiated a new policymaking process in which just he and one other aide — White House staff secretary Rob Porter, a little-known but highly regarded Rhodes scholar who overlapped with Jared Kushner as an undergraduate at Harvard — will review all documents that cross the Resolute desk.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/24/john-kelly-trump-control-241967

Unless they're going to disconnect his internet and cable access, I'm not sure this helps much.

Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. Anticope

Anticope Member

The "media bias" argument has been a staple of the Republican party for decades now, Trump's just taken that strategy and cranked it up to an 11. Never mind the fact that he's been using media coverage for years to help build his brand and that he got what was estimated at $2 billion worth of free coverage during the primaries. Trump attacks the press and spews controversial BS on a daily basis and anyone with functioning brain cells knows that doing so is going to result in primarily negative coverage, just like it has for Trump. Trump and the current version of the Republican party have full control of the federal government but still need boogeymen to go after to keep their base motivated and distracted like the media, Obama, Hillary, etc.

Trump himself isn't stable or competent enough to execute a successful crack down on the free press but he's created a road map for a more skilled demagogue in the future and that might be what we have to worry about the most from his presidency.

JeffB and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

hook. line. sinker.

You're supposed to be trying to hide your cuckold racist ways..right? Don't make it this easy on us...

10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Yeah...that's going to be the real problem with, and consequence of, Donald Trump's presidency.

This type of ridiculousness from the President is only going to open the door for someone who will truly be competent and ruthless enough to really implement what some people have wanted with the election of Donald Trump: an authoritarian regime not-so-thinly veiled as a democracy (as if that's not already the case in a lot of instances)...

...unless there's a marked shift in elections across local and state legislatures.

Government...and governing...are not businesses, and can't be run with a "winner-take-all" mindset...and actually may be the last vestige of sovereignty for the country (since we've said it's okay to let our money do our talking for us).

Fun is fun...but the only way to keep this from getting worse is to get serious about what it really means and takes to govern a nation this size, this diverse and (theoretically) free...and that's to govern for the sake of the people, and not the pride of the fight...

...but hell...what do I know?

I promised myself I'd turn over a new leaf and knock off my reverse-racism and ignorant puppy-dog liberal n!ggerism and stop making stuff like that up, and look where that got me...

B-Bob, JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lol... Laura Ingraham get's caught lying for Trump...

zksb09 and FranchiseBlade like this.