1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So are we just gonna ignore the fact that Jameis Winston is on pace for a 5,000 yard passing season

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by HardenTime, Sep 27, 2016.

1. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Wade Phillips compares young Jameis Winston to Peyton Manning

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the sense that both Winston and young Peyton Manning both turned the ball over a lot, I agree.

3. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Houstunna likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

So was a little off on the 5,000 yards mark, but Jameis Winston is still set to make some history if he can meet some requirements in the final game at carolina

Jameis Winston's 277 passing yards Saturday moves him past Peyton Manning and Cam Newton into second-all time for most passing yards by a player in his first two seasons. Winston now has 7,930 yards, second only to Andrew Luck's (8,196). Winston needs 267 yards next week to break the record.

If Jameis were to throw for 1 passing td next sunday he would become the youngest player in nfl history (22 years 359 days) to pass for 50 passing tds, breaking his own record set earlier this year. If Jameis were to miracously throw for 5td's againist the panthers he would pass derek carr for most td passes through a players first 2 years regardless of of age( the record is currently 53)

Last but not least but if Jameis Winston were to win againist the panthers next sunday, he would be the youngest qb since the merger to have amassed 15 regular season wins before his 23rd birthday

NIKEstrad likes this.
  7. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Whatever happened to Harden2Capela?

9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

just trying to lighten the mood after the two horrific injuries to 2 PROMISING young qbs in marcus mariota and derek carr, didnt want jameis to feel left out.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mike Evans is a damn beast. He gets zero national attention.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He plays in Tampa, perhaps one of the most anonymous franchises in the NFL.

12. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

so is ty hilton

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Winston is doing alright for a 2nd year player. He's likely to hit 4000 yards again which is good and just outside the top 10 in the NFL....but he turns the ball over a ton, the 2nd most interceptions in the league. He's certainly not a bad QB and will likely hover in the Joe Flacco area for his career.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Famous Jameis has accuracy issues. I have never seen a pro QB overthrow so many receivers. So many Tampa drives end with him throwing 2-3 yards past a wide open receiver downfield for what would have been a first down and then some. On shorter passes he can be a bit all over the place, with receivers either needing to break stride or reach for balls instead of catching them in stride and turning upfield. Having said that, I am happy my team has him as he has really good pocket presence and can make extraordinary plays on the move. He makes throws across his body and across the field from a dead run the opposite direction that are unbelievable, and he is always scanning while scrambling, giving up on a sure first down run to find a receiver 20 yards downfield.

15. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

lol Joe Flacco hahahahaa

this is Winston in high school

the chosen one Jameis Winston

16. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Andrew Luck completed 54% of passes his rookie year, John Elway had accuracy issues. those are who winston compare favorably too. Because winston anticpates 90% of his throws

Their is a lot on Winstons plate as a 22 year old, dude should be playing in the college football playoff as a senior right now, instead of setting records in the nfl

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, there's a chance he won't be as consistently average as Flacco if he keeps turning the ball over as much as he has in his short NFL career thus far, but I have faith in him and you should too. He can be an average NFL QB for a long time.

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

average qbs dont make the probowl and get selected number 1 overall as rookies

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes complete busts get drafted number 1 overall and sometimes complete busts make the probowl.....do I need to remind you of Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell?

I know he has the right skin tone for you to fall in love with him, but in reality he hasn't done anything spectacular yet.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

As a Bucs fan, I hope you are right about him. I see flashes, certainly. I am concerned that he never puts it all together. Jamarcus Russel had all the tools except the brain. Doug Floutie had all the tools but the body. Hopefully, Jameis corrects his errors and ends up with no glaring deficiency.