1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Anyone else think we tanked vs Phoenix on purpose?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Comic Book Nerd, Apr 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Comic Book Nerd

Just saying...

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets tanked; I think they ran their tank out of gas.

3. HL3

HL3 Member

Makes no sense. Why would we want the 8th seed?

4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yeah tanking for a chance to play OKC sounds like a great idea.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If we did, why did Harden play?

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Maybe to avoid Denver.

1. Harden 6-11 FT (bad even before he bumped his knee)
    2. Harden 0-7 3Pt
    3. Asik and Greg smith's Minute
    4. Harden and Lin both benched for too long.

Very suspectful. I think management would rather lose to OKC or Spur than Denver Nugget so that Rockets has to avoid Denver at all cost at this time.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

yeah, i think the whole Harden jamming his knee and how he had a messed up stat was all planned by the Rockets organization. we paid off Markieff Morris to block bunch of our shots and demoralize our team. :rolleyes:

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We didn't tank yesterday, the Spurs did. We just decided to suck to the nth degree against one of the worst teams in the league. Jermaine O'Neal is the only reason we beat them the previous week!

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I was thinking about this.

Harden didn't play hard at all and I figured since they knew that Lin and Parsons wanted to gain their confidence and kept attacking the basket.

Same for Delfino...he kept jacking up threes...even contested ones.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

“If a man chooses to do evil…it becomes my sacred duty to bash him to a pulp! Just saying...” — Crime Crusher
    [​IMG]

11. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

You're going to catch a lot of flak for bringing this up.

But yeah, right after the game I had this strange feeling that Hardin tanked the game...but just him. He went 0 for 7 from the 3 and only hit 6 of 11 free throws. I don't remember a game this year in which he shot that poorly. Maybe some of those misses were unintentional, but he only needed to miss 2 three pointers and 2 free throws intentionally and we lose this game. He could have even played as hard as he's ever played and still managed to tank the game.

I'm not saying he did. Just that I had a feeling after the game that that's what we watched happen.

The obvious response is that his tank was empty on the tail end of a back-to-back at the end of the season on a team with one of the fastest paces in the league.

12. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Idk about yall but Thunder is a better matchup than Nuggets

Rockets vs Thunder 1-3
    Rockets vs Nuggets 0-4

That's enough said

Anyways we are facing the Spurs. If Tmac signing to Spurs isn't enough clues the Refs will do all there power for that to happen :grin:

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

In that victory over OKC, Harden and Lin went crazy in the 4th quarter and OKC choked cause they got too comfortable with their lead. It's not going to happen again in the playoffs. They know Harden too well.

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

If the Rockets lose to LA tomorrow, the match-up is 2-2 who holds the tie breaker, or what is the tie breaker?

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

conference record. thus, LA goes to 7th.

1 person likes this.
  16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

If Rockets wanted to avoid Denver they could've tanked tmrw against lakers. That way even if they lost they'd still be 7th and not have to play OKC. So no, they didn't. Unless they don't know what they're doing

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The fact that people are even entertaining this idea is incredibly depressing.

18. basketballholic

How do you explain Asik not playing? Please don't say matchups when they rang us up without him on there just cruising right down Broadway on us. You can say we wouldn't have played our main guys if we were tanking. My response is if we did that it would have been too obvious. We might even have gotten fined.

It's obvious to me that the Rox#1 priority is to stay healthy. Im sure they asked Harden to take it easy and not overextend himself. He played like he was playing an exhibition game, no intensity whatsoever. And I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Chandler and Jeremy the same thing. They flat out didn't play Asik. They know how important he is to this team.

Do you really think that if Asik had been in this game in the 4th quarter that we would have list that game?

At the very least I am concluding that either they really don't care who we play or we are possibly trying to line up with San Antonio. Altitude and travel comes into play with Denver. After watching that sorry turd of a game it is obvious we are either trying to avoid Denver or we really don't care who we play.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

If that's "enough said" then I'd love to gamble on sports against you sometime. Small sample, nothing advanced there, no metrics, no context, and both are pretty terrible records regardless. Not sure how that tells you one is better than the other

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I thought they might, but watching the game they looked like they were trying pretty hard and just sucking, rather than not trying that hard. Credit to Phoenix for actually coming to play hard though.