1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So... Any more significant moves coming up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

His bad wheel is never gonna heal. Mark. My. Words.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope you are right. Another significant piece could be a game changer. Even with Lawson, Rockets have prevented themselves from going backwards. Spurs, Clippers and Warriors took steps to separate themselves from the pack. Rockets just a bit behind.

But still early. Morey is always scheming.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Another significant piece could help us a lot, but we have taken a big step forward with Lawson's addition if he is ready to play. Yes, we will miss Smith to some extent. Hopefully we will catch up with GSW and the others too.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Maybe trade TJones, Terry(sign and trade), and 2nd rd 2017 for Ryan Anderson or Kyle Korver. The Rockets will have a true stretch 4.

5. basketballholic

Korver ain't happening. ATL loves him. And he's really a swing man.

Anderson, on the other hand, might be available if the price is right. And your suggestion of Jet in a sign-and-trade combined with Terrence (and possibly another player) is a good package of salary to make a deal for a player along the lines of Anderson (maybe not making quite as much, and a little bit better defender). ;)

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Anderson isn't a bad fit, and he's a nice guy to have bird rights to if you miss on Durant or Horford. With Babbit re-signing, I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is on the block.

Personally I'd like to get Mirotic, but I think Chicago is married to him.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So many posts along the lines of trading T.Jones. I just cant see that happening unless they get a PF in return.

No way you go into the season with just DMo & Harrell @ the 4.

Howard /DMo/ Capela
    DMo / Jones / Harrell

Thats a solid big rotation , takes Jones out of it and you are really thin. Honestly I'd like to see them add another big as insurance against injury.

The fact that you moved next years #1 means you are lacking assets to package with Jones to improve the position .... unless you are content with moving another rotation piece as well.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you still doing those? And if so, where can I see them now?

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see us trade Dekker. I just don't see him getting any minutes unless KJ is traded, even then will probably spend the whole season in the D-League. Dekker for a first rounder in 20-30 range.

Whatever value is lost in trading the 18th pick for say the 25th, will be regained in having a fluid asset. Teams would rather have picks. It's like comparing would you rather have a $50 dollar gift certificate to Best Buy or $45 dollars cash? Most people take the cash.

1 person likes this.
  10. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

The dude hasn't even played a minute in the nba yet.... why would anyone trade/trade for him?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you saying trades for first round rooks who have yet to play an NBA game have Never happened? Dekker was a projected lottery pick. Kid has value. Perhaps more now than a month from now.

12. bongman

bongman Member

Because he is a Morey pick. He has developed a reputation around the league for getting good - decent values for his drafts. Would it be difficult for us to imagine that without Jeremy Lamb, OKC would not have made the deal?

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

We're not trading Dekker unless it's in a package for Durant.

Dekker will play in the D-League for most of the year barring a major injury on the main roster..

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Lol we included a semi-bust and short term assets to OKC for Harden. Wouldn't it be poetic if we end up giving up Dekker and more assets for Durant (I'm not hoping for Dekker's failure, it would just selfishly make me feel warm and happy if this scenario plays out)