1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SNY.tv] Rockets won't oblige McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jan 11, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Paid attendence and actual attendence are 2 different things. Of course getting lee as the centerpiece was it and they did well, but their entire objective is 2010. Wouldn't it make sense to be sorry with vets then add lotto picks? They have stated just as the knicks that they want to be major players in 2010 and it doesn't matter what they do in between then. They got lee who is struggling right now and Yi via the jefferson trade. The got harris via the kidd trade and let kristic go for nothing without offering him a contract. If they really wanted to make the deal, they could've asked the rockets for a draft consideration and pulled the trigger. The fans don't matter when you're building for the future, sorry to tell you. Organizations don't make moves because of fans. When you win, fans show, when you're sorry, they don't except in ny and chicago.

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

What a sissy. Probably a combination of both his knee and the trade in which he knew exactly about his knee before he went on the block. Either or he is still a sissy. He wants a trade that puts the orginization under the rock that suit his needs. F*** him did he not do the same with Orlando? He is under contract and it's a business he ain't no Kobe Bryant with a special contract or anything.

3. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

wow, just another rumor and people are on T Mac's back again. Exactly what the media wants. People really have no brain these days. Can't blame them though, even I was fooled sometimes.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes a decent and healthy scorer would have made a big difference for us.
    especially at the trade deadline, who knows what could have happened.

but Tmac messed with the wrong dudes, Run Daryl Morey C and Slick Rick the Ruler

raising hell

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yao and Battier would be my guess for the two members of the starting lineup. If we are talkign this year... Battier and Scola?

And Les Alexander sure sounded like he was taking a shot at McGrady when talking about extending Adelman... and I don't recall Les ever doing such a thing publicly in the past.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well we know who T-crap convinced.

7. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Fixed

Show some respect

8. platy

platy Member

I've never said an unkind word towards tmac following his difficulties but i have to back u up on this now.

This really did it for me. Can't understand why ppl here still crap on Yao while still supporting this douche :mad:

9. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Since when did this rumor become a fact?

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I can't remember if he left in bad terms from Toronto, but with Orlando and now the Rockets...it's a stigma to me.

I believe the proper sports phrase to call him is a cancer.

11. leebigez

Steve, fans aren't dumb,deaf,and blind. The read, they see, and they hear. There isn't any seel managment can make after they traded kidd and jefferson to make it seem like they wanted to win. Sure Yi will bring in a casual asian fan, but isn't that selling asian fans as dummies? The true balance or money grab are the lux suites, not paid attendance. The so called fans that would've liked seeeing mcgrady play are about as consistent as those going to mexico to see beastality. It doesn't work ever and people stop showing up for the games. What difference would it make if the carter having a very productive year for a limping tracy having his worse yr? You think the fans are so stupid to think the team is trying to win games. The guy involved was hurt and playing terrible all around yet managment was going to give up their best player and say their trying to win games?Ok, believe that if you will. The suppsed trade didn't go through because of the 2 guys trying to make the trade. Evereyone in the league knows morey overvalues his players and thorn has to win everyone of his trades. Thats why the deal didn't go through, not because of a guy with 23m coming off the books in a year and a half.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Da Nile = River in Egypt

Denial = Tracy Fans still on his ship

13. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Agreed...

You know who you are.... you can't hide.

14. leebigez

I'm pretty sure u were wrong because it didn't happen and it could've. Morey has said he was angling for butler last year, but he can't say the same about carter? I also know why Amare isn't in houston, but that doesn't mean i would say it was sent in and turned down at the last minute.

15. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

This isnt a rumor this is the truth. Last year we were hearing how this deal was so close to going down and look it didn't. I believe that this was a factor in the trade not happening.

DtB

16. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Wow, you don't even have the decency to answer the question without trying to turn it into another TOF's fantasy.

I was simply asking if the rumor was proved or are there any reliable evidence to back up the theory. I thought I missed something.

I really thought people hated T-Mac because of his attitude. Now I am starting to believe that there are really some Tracy Only Haters out there that would believe anything negative about T-Mac the second they see.

As much as dislike the TOF's, the TOHaters offend me even more. At least the TOF's don't take cheap shots at other players.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow, I want to change my sn fast.

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Did you not read the logical explanation of why the deal fell through after that? Stevie already posted it... go back a page.

Also, I am not sure of the rules, but if a player is "injured" and it's not reported in the paperwork does that void it?

Otherwise isn't it a done deal once the papers are submitted?

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

A little denial?

Didn't know the media is out to get tracy.

20. leebigez

Teams can waive the physical if they so choose and you can trade a injured player. I read every response in thread as i always do before i respond. I can guarantee anyone on this board that tracy couldn't have passed a physical last year if the nets had asked for one to make the trade go through. They didn't ask for one because there was no deal in place. Thats my point.