1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SNY.tv] Rockets won't oblige McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jan 11, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If he is spineless and this trade was going to happen, he would have just said nothing about it. Instead, he said that it was unlikely given how Morey operates.

2. redao

redao Member

I'd definitely want VC to play with Yao and Artest last season more than TMAC's two year benching and b****ing.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If we had traded McGrady for VC, you can't assume Yao/Deke would've gotten injured last year.

4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

What I do remember is that Blinebury was never a beat-writer for the Rockets for any length of time, nor in any way billionaires would put up with.

Fran gets trashed here, and I don't have a problem with that because he's serves his own personal interests. But Robertson (with the Post) and Sefko back in the day were not merely mouthpieces for the team.

Dismiss who you wish, but Fran has access to contacts I'm sure Les & Morey wish he didn't, even today.

The difference is Blinebury's probably getting info far later, and true journalism is dead.

5. blackistan

blackistan Member

Im happy that deal didnt go through though so I cant hate on tmac for announcing the injury he actually did us a favor in this instance.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This post is hilarious. Not sure if it's intentional or not. :grin:

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

WOW! All I got to say is WOW! I just burned my McGrady jersey. I probably should have done it after I left that Milwaukee game...boy I felt like crying that day...it was so embarrassing.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Keep in mind, I'm considering the fact that Yao missed half of the Lakers series and would not have been around had we advanced. We also would have been carrying VC's contract for the next couple seasons, including this season in which 1: No Yao again. And 2: Brooks and Landry have undoubtedly taken a giant step forward in their games because we have been playing short-handed (i.e. no T-Mac, Artest, VC, etc. either)...

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I posted a question on Feigan's blog before last season asking him whether he thinks the team would be interested in Ron Artest, he said he didn't think so given the team's emphasis on bringing in character guys and that nobody would volunteer to coach Ron a second time.

Feigan probably just expressed his opinions there. He's more plugged in than the rest of us, but I doubt even he knows everything about how Morey and Adelman operates. I doubt the team would give Feigan any kind of scoop ahead of a huge trade.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this is what really went down - I can't blame T-mac for killing that deal.

If you made Houston your home and your family was here, and you were on a team with Yao and liked your teammates - heck, I'd kill that trade too. Trust me, I've been to New Jersey.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

True, but in hindsight, since they did, I can assume that it would have been a waste of the big expiring contract we currently have to work with now. With Deke being 40+ and given Yao's injury history (and the need to have his arch flattened) I can also assume it was only going to be a matter of time before one or both of them wouldn't be able to play for significant stretches IMO.

A little off topic, but in hindsight, I also believe in was a waste to trade Greene for Artest seeing as Artest was never able to create the Big 3 that Morey had hoped along with Yao and T-Mac. But, I did like the aggressiveness of the deal at the time, a true "win-now" deal...

12. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Oh, but we can, and we will, Tracy.

13. PeppermintCandy

In a radio interview right after the trade deadline last season, I remember Morey flat out denying that the Rockets talked to the Nets about Vince Carter, adding that most rumors can't be believed. The only player Morey would admit to going after was Caron Butler.

But given how things have played out, it seems plausible that Morey was lying.

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

ditto that. I can't believe that nobody else picked up on this.

Carl Herrerra, you're hilarious.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Most of us knew this already. He went under the knife to screw the team. Ironically he might have screwed himself out of a decent contract.

The Rockets did absolutely right thing by not giving him minutes to earn another contract, not that he would have anyways, given his pathetic performance on the knee he chose to butcher.

Let him exit Houston as a loser.

#55 Zboy, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  16. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Well said!

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Last year was the chance, because the Celtics were out.

Yao
    Scola
    Artest
    Carter
    Brooks

I just thought you guys should see that starting five at least once.

18. raj87

raj87 Member

We should all be so thankful that Vince Carter is not a Houston Rocket. He is not the same Vince Carter that many men and women remember from years past. He is currently attempts field goals like a d******d.

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i've been saying this for like . . . almost a year. nice to know the story is out, so i can say "i told you so" ;)

but yeah, basically tmac betrayed the team as much as it's possible for a player to do such. that's why i hate him. that's why you all should hate him.

his behavior did nothing short of sabotage the rockets. period.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

half man, half a-jack-ulating!