1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sneak preview of the 22-game winning streak documentary tonight, 6:30 PM @ Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DanielV

DanielV Member

It was great. It showed the chemistry and selflessness of the team. I felt it was really well done and hope it is released to the public soon. I was invited for being a season ticket holder.

#41 DanielV, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    swyyyguy likes this.
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Nice, would love to see an uncut version of it

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac leading that team to develop that chemistry and selflessness was truly awesome. It seems like our team now also has great chemistry. What a time to be a Rockets fan. :)

Dave2000, DanielV and Snow Villiers like this.
  4. BleedsRocketRed

Man. I remember it like it was yesterday.

What an amazing run, Clucthfans was insane at that time. Prompted me to create another account after I lost my original one back in the early 2000s so I can join in on the fun. (Note my join date)

5. PhiSlammaJamma

6. Know Your Role

Most fun I ever had at TC were the streak games I got lucky enough to be at, really amazing basketball. You'd see the Rockets crush the will of the other team by the end of the 1st quarter. Adelman had a machine built to destroy other teams and it was amazing to see in full fury.

I've only had the chance to see the Rockets dominate like that about 5 times in my life. 86, 83-95, maybe 97 (memory fuzzy), and 07-09. The best unselfish ball was in 85-86 and 07-09 squads imo. The champ teams moved the ball, but not like those 3 teams I mentioned imo. Btw, I still feel the 85-86 team is the best we ever had just to give perspective of where I'm coming from. Some of the posters older than me might have good arguments against that.

This year is shaping up to be one of those years, I'm holding back getting too excited but the win against the Cavs was huge. The Rockets didn't get lucky, Kevin Love wouldn't of made much difference. They beat the champs fair and square. Think the playoffs might bring something big to the city of houston.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FIFY

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You still salty about not getting invited to the private screening? :(

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I remember going into work and asked how the weekend was, and I told them it was great because the Rockets had just won either their 20th or 21st game in a row - I can't exactly remember which one it was.

The looks on their faces, obviously they didn't have any understanding to how historic it was.

Moreso considering the group of guys who accomplished it.

God damn I loved that team.

Hopefully the current rendition of the Rockets watch it, and the championship docs before the playoffs start and understand there's no time for complacency or not giving 100% on every play.

10. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

Too bad I am not living in Houston.... And from the another side of the world... Anyone know how 'Skip to my Lou
    doing?! He is one of my favourite!!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What many people forget is the streak started as soon as Luis Scola became a starter, and THAT was no coincidence.

DD

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Also I believe Scola was the only guy on that team to play in all 82 games!

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Any word on this becoming available to purchase or rent online?

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Good question. Let me talk to my sources and find out. I'll get back to you!

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Still up in the air. They're still figuring out and working through all the media rights.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Alright thanks man!! So it's not even sure we will able to see it or you reckon there's a good chance it will be out at some point?

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Any update?

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Let me talk to my source in the Rockets organization and get back to you!

Snow Villiers and OTMax like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@basketballholic

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Still TBD. There hasn't been any movement on a public release of this yet. :(