1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smush has hops

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by killtaker, Mar 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Anyone else impressed with the ability of this guy? I just caught the clip of his dunk on SportsCenter and couldn't believe it. He's had some nice highlights this year.

What surprises me the most is that this is his 4th year in the NBA and hasn't been able to get playing time until now.

2. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Yeah, they guy has mad hops. If I recall correctly, the Pistons drafted him, but they opted not to keep him b/c he didn't always make the best decisions on the court.

3. houstonpoker

houstonpoker Contributing Member

I haven't watched a lot of Laker games this year, but I get the sense that Smush has a quiet swagger to him that allows him to play along side Kobe's large ego without feeling intimidated.

He takes shots with confidence and without hesitation. That's a pretty big accomplishment considering that he plays along side a guy who scored 81 points in one game. ;)

4. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

The Pistons didn't draft him, but had him on the roster for part of a year. He has talent, but he's a turnover waiting to happen with negligable defense.

He's talented enough (can shoot some, athletic, etc) so that it was only a matter of time before he found a spot in the league, but it isn't a big loss for the teams that let him go.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is a bigger, more athletic version of Rafer Alston. Smush is a better shooter. Rafer is a better passer and handler.

6. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

It's a bit odd to see a point guard dunk so routinely, but he does it about every game. He has a wicked one-hander, he's even dunked over a few big men.

7. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

so how would any of that make him a version of Rafer?

that's like saying Hakeem was a bigger, more dominant version of Clyde Drexler. Hakeem was better in the post. Clyde is a better driver and shooter.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's true. I never thought of it that way.

9. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

smush went undrafted after just two years at fordham back in the 03 draft. he spent his first season with cleveland played pretty well but turned the ball over too much and that is what cost him his roster spot after the season was over.

he spent a year over seas and in 04-05 barely played with detriot and phoenix.

he's always been a very talented athlete and scorer but needed to learn to be a better ball handler and distributor. he's made a lot of strides this year with the lakers, but still has a little ways to go.

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm just like alston w/out the handles and passing, but i can shoot.

11. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Hey, I can pass like Swift, dribble like Dike, rebound like Wesley, and shoot like Bowen, do the Rox have a spot for me as well? I promise I'll try hard like Bowen...

12. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Oh crap! I forgot I didn't have NY Knicks on my resume...I don't have a chance. :(