1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[SMH] Kim Kardashian's Video Game Is On Track To Earn $200 Million

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jayhow92, Aug 5, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

no one is calling HER stupid. but we are pointing out WHY she is where she is now. would you encourage your daughter to take the same path, like kim's mother did for her? pushing her into the arms of every rapper with a land rover until she made it? is that what being smart is to you?

i do not own a private jet, but i have made more than enough money for myself, my family and friends who need it with some sort of self respect. people like me get that, people who respect her for "playing the game" well... are on the other end of the spectrum and desperate. small minds attract each other.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this. it's all about capitalizing, manipulating, and taking advantage of people's propensity for "shinier and better." never underestimate people's desire to be the joneses.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Damn, I'm in the dark age. I don't know anything about her and have no desire to know. But I'm curious about the game and why it's making so much money.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

If you equate being rich with being smart then I won't just call her stupid, I'll call you stupid.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

Ignorant people coming out of the woodwork.

Keep rapping Yankee.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

True story. A few of years ago I had a poor practically homeless legal client who brought in this homeless guy to my office for a consulatation. We had a typical American magazine sitting on the coffee table. When I went out to the waiting room my client was excitedly explaining to the other guy that the woman on the cove was KIM KARDASHIAN !!. I had just recently been hearing her name and asked a secretary who she was.

7. Yonkers

I don't understand the point.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

free to play games are the worst. Avoid them.

9. Yonkers

Not all of them. Hearthstone is a great example of how to do free-to-play. Marvel Puzzle Quest is pretty good too. Both of them you can enjoy without having to pay money.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

This line of narrow-minded reasoning is ridiculous... You realize this places a con man that rips people off of their savings without providing a viable service with someone like Bill Gates as equally qualifying businessmen...?

Here you're saying Kim Kardashian, who provides absolutely no viable services to the public (outside of the rappers she dates and now marries) to Apple computers...

It's just as ridiculous as the guy that compared making a sex tape to market oneself to putting a basketball through a hoop for a living...

It just dismisses the amount and combination of work, talent, struggle/perseverance, learned, applied skill and/or intelligence required in one , and ignores their absence in the other... just for the sake of making idiotic arguments...

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Can you define "viable service" to the public. I'm pretty sure those who follow her reality show, buys magazines featuring her, or plays her game are provided with thousands hours of mindnumbing entertainment. Doesn't she also give out fashion tips for those who wants to listen, and there are people that likes to buy her line of clothing.

I mean what do basketball players provide for us other than entertainment. I think what Kardashian does is closer to what basketball players do than someone like Bill Gates.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is crazy how even the poorest folks are obsessed with celebrity.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol your points are terrible. You make this weird assumption that people who are entertained for her reality shows are idiots, but those who sits around and watch people shooting a ball into a hoop aren't. When the end of the day they are both just mind numbing entertainment to the consumers.

The qualities you listed that supposedly separates Kardashian and basketball players are contradictory in itself. What exactly is talent in the NBA, that these players are born with the abilities to jump higher and run faster, what is work, that they spend a lot of time practicing shooting a ball into a hoop, what is applied intelligence, that they learned the game of shooting a hoop, what about perseverance an struggle, I'm pretty sure that exists in all aspects of life.

Well I can argue that Kim Kardashian was born with a big ass that people like to see on TV, so there's her god given talent. I can say that she spend just as much time developing and working on her products and brand, I mean there are thousands of reality shows out there, what made people watch hers. As far as applied intelligence, you can't deny that she is probably one of the best at utilizing her experience and knowledge of the entertainment industry to make her one of the most talked about person in that circle.

I'm not even trying to defend kim kardashian, I don't know really anything about her other than I see her face everywhere.

I just find it funny that you think that sports entertainers are somehow so much above her because they have physical abilities, and god given physical talent.

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Nailed it.

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

Not at all... Not for one minute...

First, "apollo33"... There's a significant difference between what's made sports endure for the decades it has and will continue to do so from one generation to the next, just as celebrated, if not more so than it has in the past from player to player, team to team... and the untalented opportunistic trendy business w****'s model of "success", which much like her beauty and ass you consider talent, will not stand the test of time...

The fact that I have to point this out to you boggles my mind...

I've stated this before in other threads, and I'll state here again... The reason basketball like all other major sports, in the states and the world around are historically documented, the reason there are Halls of Fame, the reason why so many emotions of many people are invested into teams comprised of what are practically strangers to them... the reason they are given ANY importance... Is due to the long recognized - since ancient times, from the memorializing cave-paintings of early humans, to greek mythology and plays, gladiators of Rome, to the Olympics - dramatic echo of the strife, adversity present in every day life and the struggle to surmount the seemingly insurmountable odds humanity has faced throughout it's history...

In team sports, more significantly, the coming together of people to surmount those odds and stand in triumph...

That's what entertains us... The greatness of such achievement, as an individual or as a people.... It's what we aspire to do, what we aspire to be in our own lives...

Those who look at Kim Kardashian, and take her "struggle" facing media scrutiny she herself demands the constant attention off, seriously, have no more profound a grasp on what adversity truly is than a sixteen year old spoiled brat that thinks she's faced hardships when her father buys her a Mercedes instead of the Lexus she wanted..

Those who take her superficial "work" supported by money not her own and a system not of her own design (thank her dear mother), and her low-tier con-artistry, of being alert of an dimwitted mass and seeing an opportunity to take advantage it, as a product of "intelligence" and as a credit to her character or an ability worth admiring... have equally superficial desires and ambitions...

Neither are things that should be appreciated let alone admired...

If you still do not see the difference, between a hardworking intelligent business man that's built a technological empire... or a company that's sustained such a position... or, a basketball player that's practiced his craft and played every day of his life since he was a child, keeping himself on the straight and narrow, focused on his goal despite of all the detrimental distraction of underprivileged surroundings.... Trying to make it in life, or trying to be a champion at something he's worked so hard at for so long... and Kim kardashian...

Then you are but one of the ineffectual, inconsequential many... and it shouldn't offend you, as you already likely have care for little else than the little you're able to see of life...

17. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I think calling it a video game is a bit of a stretch. It's more of a... distraction.

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You guys need to take a hike.

The girl is a marketing magnet.

She's smart enough to understand the industry and keep her name in the limelight.

In a sense, she's a marketing genius or at least smart enough to surround herself with people smarter than her.

Is she a role model?

She's far from it.

She's famous because society decided to focus in on her.

Just like how sports is famous because society deemed it worthy centuries ago.

It's up to you whether you conform with society or not.

In a business standpoint, she knows how to make things work and keep her name in the headlines at least once every three months.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

Talk about reaching...

Goodie for her... None of this is cause to celebrate her, appreciate her or admire her...

The human world didn't get to where it is today by conforming to society's idiocy/ignorance... It got to where it is today by challenging society's idiocy/ignorance...

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

How am I reaching?

Her name is out there once a month.

Good or bad, it's still publicity.

She knows how to work her career.

She won't be famous if society didn't pay attention to her.

So don't blame the cat because it is receiving attention.

Like what I said, conform or not, that's up to you.

I'm not going to dictate you on how to live your life.