1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smell The Glove

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gene the PIG, Sep 22, 2004.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I still think Payton has something left. And I think that he would be a nice fit with the team. If Payton starts having a bad attitude cut him. His contract isn't that big, and there's only one year left on it. But, playing with McGrady and Yao and being on a team that can be a darkhorse in the West, I think he would be more then happy to step it up and fit in.

2. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

out of 20 people, you and i are the only ones that think Payton has something left.

i for one don't think that he all of a sudden forgot how to play basketball or entered that magical "days played in the league barrier" after which only MJ and Stockton can still be good.

i still think he wants to win, and could help the rockets. the selfish thing is often overblown. either payton or nvx would help the rockets significantly.

3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

...there's a thin line between stupid and clever...

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

payton is still a good player if he knows his role. he cannot come into the season thinking he is the player of even 2 years ago. he's still smart and he can still see the floor i just don't think hs ego will allow him to be the player he needs to be now that alot of his athleticism has gone. he can be a good fit but he'd need a big time attitude adjustment.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

No doubt hes got more skills and talent than any of our 3 points, probalby better than any two of ours put together. He could help the rockets, but the role he played in LA, definately didnt suit him, and I feel he will be in the same role in Houston.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think Payton would actually be fine. He's got something to prove and we are only a year out from Payton being an all-star. The triangle is death to point guards. I think he still has something left and he might be able to make the Rockets a decent fast break team.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He wants the ball too much and that's his mentality i don't think he will fit in becuase we don't need a point guard that is going to run. That will phase out Yao and that is not what we want.

It will just tire Yao cause he will have to run back and forth and i don't think Payton is going to be fine with not shooting the ball as much as he is used to. That is one of the problems he had in LA other than playing time.

Yeah he is a good player but not the fit for the Rockets in my opinion.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I met her on Sunday,
    Twas my lucky bun day,
    You know what I mean

I love her each weekday,
    Each velvety cheek day
    You know what I mean

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo,
    I wanna sink her with my pink torpedo

9. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

make that 3 for the payton bandwagon. i hate him... not not if he becomes a rocket.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To me, GP was the very best 1 guard for years. He's still a pretty good player.

GP with JVG? Only for entertainment value, ala Kevin and Buddy on the sidelines.

If it's a headbutter of a 1 guard why not try to pry JMc from Snow and the Cavs?

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

The glove don't fit, therefore you must acquit.

He's old and tiresome to listen to. Yao would get sick of it and hit him. Because, I believe it's important for Yao's hands to stay healthy - move on Glove.