1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

smart phone help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Mar 1, 2015.

1. body slam

body slam Member

My flip phone of 6 years has flipped out and the key pad has stopped working. I'm want to up grade to a smart phone, but I don't know a good one from a bad one. I to be able to talk, text, take/send pictures, and keep up with clutchfans all for a reasonable price. Any recommendations?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Any modern phone will do that. Iphone, windows or android.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Depends on what you call a reasonable price. Since you've been on the flip phone for 6 years, even the older modeled smartphones should be more then sufficient.

I am a big fan of Samsung. The Note series is the best phone line in my opinion, followed by the S series. I think if you could find a note 3 for cheap or S4 for cheap you'd be more than happy.

Apple may be an easy transition if you have had no interaction with newer tech. My mom rolls with an Iphone from blackberry and she's adjusted nicely. Iphone 5/5s should be relatively cheap and still running strong on newer Operating System Updates.

AVOID WiNDOWS PHONES

HTC ONE is a great phone. The M series are nice.

LG G2(good) and G3(great) are good/great phones.

Motorola has some decent phones aswell. Honestly it's all going to depend on your needs. There will be a lot of fanboys who will tell you Apple rules everything else sucks, or Android over everything, or Samsung or nothing.

Another important question is how much is your budget on a phone?

I might suggest using Swappa to purchase a used phone for much cheaper than most places. You can sort by carrier as well or get an unlocked version and there won't be any issues or hassles.

4. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Let's begin with telling us which carrier you have.

5. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

If you want a simple interface especially coming from a flip phone. I would recommend and iPhone.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cleverly-disguised...

Are you coming back to coach the Rockets or not??

7. body slam

body slam Member

Just got back from att to check my options. The sales man recommended a moto g. Said it was pretty simple and would fit my needs. I don't need anything fancy for work just something simple. My main concern is I don't want to buy junk.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Confirmed: body slam is JVG. Now answer RV6's question. You were also just at the Sloan conference, why didnt you ask all those nerds that were there?

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lg and iphone make samsung look old and dated ever since i made the switch

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The iPhone is the only true smart phone on the market.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

[​IMG]