1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleepy Floyd vs Kenny Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 27, 2008.

?

PG would be

1. Sleepy

58 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Kenny

54 vote(s)
    48.2%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Rafer got kidnapped by the valet boy, who would you run this team?
    [​IMG]
    Sleepy
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ggtRWKtKW8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ggtRWKtKW8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    [​IMG]
    Kenny
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIBdp4DrwDw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIBdp4DrwDw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8FGllZ7VKM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8FGllZ7VKM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Kenny was one of the worst permieter defenders I've ever had the displeasures of watching....

but that shot against Orlando makes me forget everything.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can't take this guy instead?

[​IMG]

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How Sweet It Was!

5. MadMax

That MIGHT be my favorite Rocket game of all time. Partly because of the whole "Impending Magic Dynasty" coronation that NBC featured during the pre-game. Because that game was such an exhibit of what that team had become...falling behind big early but never quitting. And then watching Nick miss 4 consecutive free throws....and still getting that shot out of Kenny. Just amazing stuff.

6. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

What about the savior to the pt position, Bryce Drew?

I choose him cause he hit that ONE shot that was shown on ESPN about as many times as there are people in China.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

People forget how quick he was and the hops he had... Plus he could shoot from the outside....

But as stated above..... his defense SUCKED!!!

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sleepy all day everyday.....

9. MadMax

Kenny also had the flatest shot ever. It went in just fine...but so flat.

10. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

They didn't call him Sleepy for no reason. 2 pts one night, 40 the next if they were playing Golden State. I wasn't unhappy when he left. Too inconsistent, and lead the Rox through their worst stretch of seasons in memory.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Agree 100%. That was unbelievable.

That's tough. We had both of them at the same time, with Kenny taking the starting job from Sleepy. Sleepy was a good player but was a below average three point shooter. Kenny was a great three point shooter. Sleepy was a better defender. They both passed the ball well in their first couple of years here. Both of them could be turnover prone.

I take Kenny on this team b/c we rely on the three point shot pretty heavily

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny shouldn't be allowed in any zip code where Sleepy has a jockstrap.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I hate Kenny Smith...........Would rather have Sam Cassell

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can you stupid rookies please stick to the topic??
    i know already that you know nothing about kenny except his tnt stint, but this is kenny vs sleepy, not sam or anyone else

if you don't know sleepy, then look at the video i posted.
    obviously you don't know kenny so watch that video too.

this is greatly disguised education thread for you bandwagoners and rookies.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Kenny is more memorable because he helped us win championships but come on....

whats next Moses Malone vs. Otis Thorpe

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked them both but Sleepy was way too inconsistent. While Sleepy was a better defender he wasn't that good of a defender and it is only compared to Kenny Smith that he is considered better.

I would take Kenny Smith for this Rox team over Sleepy as his outside consistency and decent entry pass will benefit this team more.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny Smith was our champion PG, and he was a better perimeter shooter.

But Sleepy Floyd was Sleepy Floyd. I had to pick Sleepy. He had a better nickname, is entertaining just because he looks kind of funny, and at times would go off and be so hot that he couldn't miss, which made it even funnier.

For pure entertainment value, I had to choose Sleepy.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Deserves its own thread IMO. Recasner, Threatt or Maloney?

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too.

20. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Tinman - I don't get this thread :confused: . I'm nostalgic and I love the 86 team almost as much as the Championship teams, but Kenny won 2 Championships for H-town. Sleepy didn't do crap (maybe that's why all the highlights were when he was a Warrior). I was pissed when I first learned about the trade: Ralph for Sleepy and Joe Barely Cares.

I guess if you're asking who was a more talented individual player Sleepy probably was, but he wasn't worth what we gave up to get him - even though Ralph's knees eventually gave up on him. However, Kenny bought into Rudy's team chemistry koolaid and was a much better team player.

I really believe that had not Ralph got into it with Schisting and as a result lost all self confidence, and had Lloyd and Wiggins not got banned, then Houston (not Chicago) would have have more Championships than anyone except Boston and LA at this point.