1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleepovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mrs. Valdez, May 5, 2011.

Tags:
?

Would you let your children go to a sleep over?

1. Generally, yes.

46 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Generally, no.

7 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Only with approved families.

44 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I've had the same best friends since 1st grade, and I think a huge part of that is because of all of the sleepovers we had growing up. We were so lucky because we had a boy and a girl that lived next to each other so when we were younger we'd all play together during the day, then at night, boys to one house, girls to the other. Once we started getting older (around 14), we'd spend all night in the pool, get out at 3AM and crash out on the couch watching movies together. Nothing sexual every happened because we were all good kids. The "worst" thing that ever happened was my "boyfriend" stealing a kiss on the trampoline one night. Now we're 22 and really its like a second family. We always cherish those sleepover memories and thank the parents for being so awesome. Parents need to learn how to teach their kids to think for themselves and then trust them farther than they can throw em. Those kids that had super strict parents were usually the ones being all pervy in school.

1 person likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the media has effectively put fear in the minds of far more than I would expect.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You are telling me you aren't genuinely afraid for your life due to terrorism concerns and things like VX nerve gas every time you go to the mall to get a Wetzel Pretzel?

1 person likes this.
  4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oTEKGCFwGEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Those parents are just ignorant. I used to sleepover at Mr. Jefferson's place all the time.

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I was a kid, my parents were such asses when it came to spending the night at someone's house. My parents would be ok with me going but they would like call my friend's house like 7 or 8AM for me to come home. No breakfast no nothing. I think some of my friend's parents would get pissed because they would be sleeping. Now that I'm older, whenever I stay over anyone's house, I normally leave their house right around 7AM or so.

I don't have any kids just yet but I think you do have to know someone before just letting your kid stay overnight at someone else's house.

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Sleepovers are an integral part of the growing up process. Boys will look at p*rn and girls will gossip about penises. Deal with it or risk having your child left behind. You don't want your 13 year old son alone with a girl his age not knowing what to do. Hell it caused your husband enough problems at the age of 25 when he met you. LOL AND IM DONE FOR THE NIGHT

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

That's what hazmat suits are for.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Its ok to have sleep overs, are very fun, and prepare your kids to be more social with friends.

You have to trust the parents, and ask what they have prepared, if movies tell them what movies you want your kid to watch ( like nothing scary, because your kid will cry, etc)

Every kid is going to sleep at night, some kids go to sleep early, and they will do that, even if they have friends around, some maybe be up 2 or 3 hours more than their usual bed time.

The parents can supervise the kids once in a while, but not too much.

I wouldnt mind boys/girls till the age of 12.

If you are worried they would look for p*rnography on the internet, well, kids could do that in school, or when they are alone.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm all over this one. My "kids" are 27, 25, 11 and 9.

My two youngest (girls) do a sleepover almost every weekend: here or there. We limit them to either Friday or Saturday night but not both.

We've had as many as 11 over for a birthday sleepover-- never again!

When it's done here, the kids usually camp out in the living room. We let them stay up as late as they want as long as the noise is kept down. We've not had many problems, except the occasional outbreak of noise. Once in awhile, overly tired kids will get into squabbles and then we have to dampen the party atmosphere before too many tears stain the floor.

We usually have two at a time since we have two young daughters.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I know some parents are so racist . I know when I was like in first grade or something they wouldn't let me stay at my black friends bday. I realized many years later some one there was doing crack or cocaine cause there was white powder everywhere.

#71 Air Langhi, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  12. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^
    Did you pretend you were asleep...or just let it happen? Whichever it was, it wasn't your fault. It just wasn't. I hope you know that.

There's no shame in getting your cooter smacked around.