1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Slate Magazine rips Robert Horry bad

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ktheintz, Jun 16, 2005.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Good point about his intangibles. I haven't heard anyone mention the fact that when Horry wasn't scoring on his own at the end of Game 5, he was zipping bullet passes into Duncan for easy baskets DEEP in the paint. Nobody else on that team could have made those passes. Without them, Duncan would have had a hard time scoring.

The double teams on Duncan are making it very hard to back into the paint on his own, which is why Horry is getting so many minutes over Rasho and Mohammed to begin with. Horry's passing is just as effective as his shooting is.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I for one am a little tired of the Horry love fest. The thing that bothers me most is he shows all this talent and heart, including all the intangibles in th post season, but he rarely shows them in the regular season, which to me just screams LAZY.

3. FrontRowJoe

FrontRowJoe Member

I can understand why you feel that way. I think we generally have a soft spot in our hearts for Big Shot Rob (don't call him 'Bob') because we drafted him, almost gave up but stuck with him, and he returned the favor by being part of the first team to bring a championship home to Houston.

However, I don't think he's lazy at all. I think it's just a case of the fact that in the regular season, it's never do or die. The playoffs are just different: every player say so. He rises to the occasion, and occasions in the NBA don't get any bigger than the Finals. There's a reason so many championship teams have wanted him, and it has nothing to do with the regular season. I guess it's just a matter of perspective: what you call lazy, I call "Bringing it when it counts the most".

4. leehoang

leehoang Member

Robert who?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hope you missed the pregame show tonight. :D

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Look at the way Robert Horry sits on the bench, such class, poise, and the knee bend, it's the little things that make you a champion. Oh my, did you see that gatorade handoff, thats not something you learn during the regular season. This guy is off the charts.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

And he says his Rocket rings mean the most to him. Go Bob Go!

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Almost agree. I love Robert Horry too, but don't want he to win a championship at the expense of Pistons. I'd rather he breaks all the records in NBA finals and Spurs come up short.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, I can see that Felix Gillette is going to have a long and illustrious career as a sports writer - what a friggin' chump.

I haven't watched a single moment of this NBA Finals (and don't plan on to either) but I heard about Horry coming through in Game 5. Knowing that this mentally challenged article was floating around made me very happy that Big Shot Bob came through.

SUCK IT, GILLETTE!!