1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SlamOnline]Report: Knicks to Target Steve Nash in the Offseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxs-Redemption, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Knicks would have been way better off without Melo. They could have singed both Chandlers and possibly could have brought back Shawne Williams too. They would have had a lower pick but they would have snatched Shumpert regardless because other teams would have passed on him.

Felton/Douglas
    Fields/Shumpert
    Galinari/Chandler
    Stat/JJ
    Chandler/Mozgov

This team is much better then the current team.

2. Roxs-Redemption

Knicks also want to target: Jameer Nelson (Magic) and Raymond Felton (Blazers)

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wait. I thought you were sold on Carmelo?

Already fed up with him?

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Not a huge Amare fan myself but boy has Melo killed Stat's stats. They should be calling up New Jersey and Orlando every day to try to move one of those guys for Howard or DWill.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

D'Antoni:
    "Hey, our defense sucks azz and we gettin outrebounded every night. We gotta do something....YES, BRILLIANT IDEA: We sign Steve Nash, he will make us a force on defense and crash the boards! I mean, this can't go wrong, right?"

Gotta love the Knicks.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You have me confused, I thought they mishandled the deal terribly - Walsh had them on the right track prior.

7. AFS

AFS Member

They'd be much better on offense, but WOW they'd suck on defense. Tyson Chandler can only do so much to anchor the defense and having that many beatable perimeter players would put so much stress on the center and run chandler into foul trouble quickly, or else give up easy buckets. Can't lie, though, it'd be fun to watch.

8. Bellaire Brody

Maybe they should have just kept Billups?

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

I've been saying this to my knicks fans for awhile now. Nash and the Knicks would be a good fit.

Nash and Amar'e reunite, Fields is a solid player in D'Antoni's system, Chandler is a better center than whomever the Suns had (Channing Fyre), Melo would be a good fit as long as he's not doing iso every play. If anyone can make this team work, it's Nash.

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He'll be 38 next year no? He is still playing pretty well, but seriously how long can he go?