1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SLAMONLINE] Doc Rivers Covered Lakers Title Banners With Clippers Posters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Oct 19, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

2. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Took Doc to make this change? :confused: The hell is that orginazation doing. Might not seem like a big deal but that's great promotion and even confidence booster to team IMO. Sad when a clipper plays at home in crunch time looks up just to see lakers banners. Easy way to never make that team feel at home. Good for them.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Overrated coach.

4. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

This is sure a big deal (covering all of the Laker paraphernalia) for when the Clippers are the home team playing the Lakers. Leaving the King's paraphernalia untouched is the right thing since they are in a completely different league (NHL) as opposed to the same league.

Heck, should the NCAA use that arena (or any other pro-sports arena) to play basketball tournament games in the future, I think that they should cover all the pro-sports paraphernalia with NCAA paraphernalia.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It used to be all purple. Then the lowest level (and I think upper deck) were changed to all gray, but the mid level (or upper lower-bowl) was still purple.

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

It looks good now but what about when the stars leave the team? They will have nothing but scrubs on those posters.:grin:

7. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

That's pathetic. Basically you are admitting that the Laker's past success intimidates your players. If anything, he should point to the other side of the rafter and say to his players "You play to your ability and give it your all, you too can make history and have our own banners hang up there."

There is nothing wrong with hanging pictures up there so that the casual fans can recognize the players. You don't need to drape them over the Laker banners. It makes you look silly. Fans don't come to see your game and mistake you for the Lakers. If they don't know you before, play well and they will.

When they have those Sales competition, do they cover up last year winner's picture with the prize or do they point at it and say "this could be you!"?

I'm no Laker fan boy. I hope both LA team do bad this year.

Seriously, would anyone here be happy if the Rockets have to result into doing something like this? If you think your players are that weak minded, maybe you need some new players.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they can put up 3D banners flossed out with neon and LED's......but deandre and griffin are still too dumb to take that team anywhere

9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

this. would rep.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Because Kobe is unlikely to be on the floor due to being a massive geezer?

11. blunto

blunto Member

I agree with you, if the sole purpose is to boost the confidence of the players. Do we have any evidence to suggest this is the case, though?

Maybe this is for the Clippers' fans. If I loved the Clippers as much as I love the Rockets, having to look at Lakers banners would be worse than having Jazz championship banners hung in Toyota Center.

[​IMG]
    Jazz ain't got no championships!

12. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Co-sign

def more of what I was going for! I completely forgot this post wasn't about banners but covering others.

13. BleedsRocketRed

This is somewhat laughable. I mean seriously, the Lakers get an extra 4 home games each year when they play the Clippers "on the road"

If they met in the playoffs, its really a 7 home game series for the Lakers. Change the court, banners whatever. It's still the home of the Lakers either way.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

the hell?

15. smr6

smr6 Member

Amazed that this wasn't done before.

16. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

If the Clippers only had scrubs to put on those posters, then those posters could be hanging up there without players on them, which would just practically make up a mural that shows the Clippers logo that you currently see in the background.

Actually, when you really think about it, this (cover up Laker paraphernalia with Clipper paraphernalia for Clipper home games) should have been done at the time the Staples Center even opened with both of those NBA teams sharing that arena. To me, it could be done in the same manner as the changing of the floors, or what goes on at MetLife Stadium for Giants or Jets home games.

You know, I really think that it is funny for the Clippers floor to be laid out there with only Laker paraphernalia left hanging up on the wall along with Kings paraphernalia with no Clipper paraphernalia hanging at all.

17. andersongo

andersongo Member

This. Very small-time behavior from the Clippers, which is in keeping with the franchise's tradition.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Master motivator. :p

19. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

I wonder if Doc tried to cover the scoreboard yesterday

20. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

[​IMG]

Has to be fake, but I chuckled