1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SLAM] We Miss Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Feb 14, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

T-Mac was a POS loser who doesn't deserve to breath the same air as a class act and world class talent like Yao. What good things? His accomplishments as a Rockets player can be summed up in the following:

- 13 in 33 in a REGULAR SEASON game, meaning completely worthless. It was cool for the couple of days after it happened and then it became meaningless.
    - Dunk on Bradley against Mavericks, which was still useless seeing as we lost that series

That was the only "good" things that come to mind about that worthless diva and NONE of those meant a damn thing given that he could never get ANY team past the first round.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your team follows the leader.
    when yao and artest were together the team followed their work ethic in practice and it showed in the playoffs .
    great leaders like Hakeem and Moses and michael Jordan were known to be fierce in practice .
    Yao busted his butt for the rockets.
    He never quit.
    legend.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao was the last of the Rudy t era rockets.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Artest's biggest mistake is the D.Wade mistake as well. They both opted to remove their meniscus early in their careers for a fast recovery and comeback. You remember that game against the Kings when Artest was like the pro-type Lebron and the he was pushing the Kings back and nobody on the Rox could stop him? He would have been like that his entire career if not for that decision.

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Always worth posting & always worth watching:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/htm7b_saqcs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i respect yao's skill but i wish he didn't hold back mcgrady.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

[​IMG]

8. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Morey will never trade Yao because Yao and Les is buddy... Yao made Les even richer.... :) Les missed Yao.

9. Champ06

Champ06 Member

If I am right, McGrady came to Houston to play with Yao. I think McGrady want Yao to hold him.......literally.

10. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao Ming will need nine entities to sign off on any NBA contract before he can play in the league. "If any of these parties refuse to sign off, then Yao Ming cannot go," says Li Yao Min, general manager of the Shanghai Sharks, Yao's present club.

The nine:

Yao Ming
    Yao's parents
    The Shanghai Sharks
    The Chinese Basketball Association
    The Shanghai Municipal Sports Management
    The Chinese National Basketball Agency
    The Chinese National Sports Commission
    The NBA
    The NBA team that drafts him

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

did yao bring us any championships either? lol @ you.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Just ignore the troll guys. I have a hard time believe anyone could be as dumb as him. Block him and enjoy a much better CF experience. :grin:

13. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

This.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I remember Yao used to own Dwight when we played the Magic... or is my memory getting hazy...

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yao always bested Dwight straight up. Dwight was a far better athlete, but Yao was infinitely more skilled and a complete player.

16. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Yao sounds like some sort of big-time international arms dealer, lol...

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Yao was better against 2 teams, h2h and Perkins' (lol), Dwight is better against the other 28, that's why first team was pretty much unanimous dwight.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He never did hold him back.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How so? The way today's game is being called is even tighter than what Yao had to deal with. Yao's still alot slower than Dwight and that would put him in foul trouble within the first half if they call it the way Dwight is being called. I hated on D. Howard the moment he landed in Houston, due to thinking that his back would act up again and he would regress even further than the Laker's Dwight. But guess what? I was wrong. Look at the numbers Dwights putting up and it's not all off of alley-ops that Yao and Asik have trouble with. I think Dwights numbers this year have been overall better than what Yao ever offered Rockets....

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How did this thread become a McGrady thread?

Oh...